Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPC82
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase III subunit C82
Alias: RPC3, RPC80, DNA-directed RNA polymerase III subunit C82
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Haeusler R, Pratt Hyatt M, Good P, Gipson T, Engelke D. Clustering of yeast tRNA genes is mediated by specific association of condensin with tRNA gene transcription complexes. Genes Dev. 2008;22:2204-14 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest a widespread role for condensin in gene organization and packaging of the interphase yeast nucleus. ..
- Pratt Hyatt M, Pai D, Haeusler R, Wozniak G, Good P, Miller E, et al. Mod5 protein binds to tRNA gene complexes and affects local transcriptional silencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3081-9 pubmed publisher..These results are discussed in light of recent results showing that silencing near tRNA genes also requires chromatin modification...
- Lempiäinen H, Uotila A, Urban J, Dohnal I, Ammerer G, Loewith R, et al. Sfp1 interaction with TORC1 and Mrs6 reveals feedback regulation on TOR signaling. Mol Cell. 2009;33:704-16 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the Sfp1-interacting protein Mrs6, a Rab escort protein involved in membrane trafficking, regulates both Sfp1 nuclear localization and TORC1 signaling. ..
- Flores A, Briand J, Gadal O, Andrau J, Rubbi L, Van Mullem V, et al. A protein-protein interaction map of yeast RNA polymerase III. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7815-20 pubmed..Together with parallel interaction studies based on dosage-dependent suppression of conditional mutants, our data suggest a model of the pol III preinitiation complex. ..
- Esberg A, Moqtaderi Z, Fan X, Lu J, Struhl K, Byström A. Iwr1 protein is important for preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20829 pubmed publisher..Thus, Iwr1 plays an important role in preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases. ..
- Vernekar D, Bhargava P. Yeast Bud27 modulates the biogenesis of Rpc128 and Rpc160 subunits and the assembly of RNA polymerase III. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1340-53 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Bud27 is required in multiple activities responsible for pol III biogenesis and activity. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rbs1 interacts with the Crm1 exportin and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. We postulate that Rbs1 binds to the Pol III complex or subcomplex and facilitates its translocation to the nucleus. ..
- Huet J, Riva M, Sentenac A, Fromageot P. Yeast RNA polymerase C and its subunits. Specific antibodies as structural and functional probes. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15304-10 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the participation of these polypeptides to the active enzyme molecule, and of their possible role in DNA binding or transcription factor recognition. ..
- Wu C, Lin Y, Chen H. The TFIIF-like Rpc37/53 dimer lies at the center of a protein network to connect TFIIIC, Bdp1, and the RNA polymerase III active center. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2715-28 pubmed publisher..N terminal to the dimerization domain, Rpc53 binds the Pol III-specific subunits Rpc82 and Rpc34, the Pol III stalk, and the assembly factor TFIIIC, essential for PIC formation...