Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPC40
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase core subunit RPC40
Alias: RPC5, DNA-directed RNA polymerase core subunit RPC40
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mirón García M, Garrido Godino A, García Molinero V, Hernández Torres F, Rodriguez Navarro S, Navarro F. The prefoldin bud27 mediates the assembly of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases in an rpb5-dependent manner. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003297 pubmed publisher..Finally, the role of URI seems to be conserved in humans, suggesting conserved mechanisms in RNA pols biogenesis. ..
- Vernekar D, Bhargava P. Yeast Bud27 modulates the biogenesis of Rpc128 and Rpc160 subunits and the assembly of RNA polymerase III. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1340-53 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Bud27 is required in multiple activities responsible for pol III biogenesis and activity. ..
- Ferri M, Peyroche G, Siaut M, Lefebvre O, Carles C, Conesa C, et al. A novel subunit of yeast RNA polymerase III interacts with the TFIIB-related domain of TFIIIB70. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:488-95 pubmed..The data indicate that C17 is a novel specific subunit of Pol III which participates together with C34 in the recruitment of Pol III by the preinitiation complex. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rbs1 interacts with the Crm1 exportin and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. We postulate that Rbs1 binds to the Pol III complex or subcomplex and facilitates its translocation to the nucleus. ..
- Oficjalska Pham D, Harismendy O, Smagowicz W, Gonzalez de Peredo A, Boguta M, Sentenac A, et al. General repression of RNA polymerase III transcription is triggered by protein phosphatase type 2A-mediated dephosphorylation of Maf1. Mol Cell. 2006;22:623-32 pubmed..The results indicate that Pol III transcription can be globally and rapidly downregulated via dephosphorylation and relocation of a general negative cofactor. ..
- Bridier Nahmias A, Tchalikian Cosson A, Baller J, Menouni R, Fayol H, Flores A, et al. Retrotransposons. An RNA polymerase III subunit determines sites of retrotransposon integration. Science. 2015;348:585-8 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of target specificity allows Ty1 to proliferate and yet minimizes genetic damage to its host. ..
- Todaka Y, Wang Y, Tashiro K, Nakashima N, Nishimoto T, Sekiguchi T. Association of the GTP-binding protein Gtr1p with Rpc19p, a shared subunit of RNA polymerase I and III in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2005;170:1515-24 pubmed..Here, we propose that Gtr1p is involved in RNA polymerase I and III assembly by its association with Rpc19p and could be a mediator that links growth regulatory signals with ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Pluta K, Lefebvre O, Martin N, Smagowicz W, Stanford D, Ellis S, et al. Maf1p, a negative effector of RNA polymerase III in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5031-40 pubmed..These results indicate that Maf1p acts as a negative effector of Pol III synthesis. This potential regulator of Pol III transcription is likely conserved since orthologs of Maf1p are present in other eukaryotes, including humans. ..
- Flores A, Briand J, Gadal O, Andrau J, Rubbi L, Van Mullem V, et al. A protein-protein interaction map of yeast RNA polymerase III. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7815-20 pubmed..Together with parallel interaction studies based on dosage-dependent suppression of conditional mutants, our data suggest a model of the pol III preinitiation complex. ..
- Lalo D, Carles C, Sentenac A, Thuriaux P. Interactions between three common subunits of yeast RNA polymerases I and III. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5524-8 pubmedThe AC40 and AC19 subunits (encoded by RPC40 and RPC19) are shared by yeast RNA polymerases I and III and have a local sequence similarity to prokaryotic alpha subunits...