Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPC34
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase III subunit C34
Alias: DNA-directed RNA polymerase III subunit C34
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Huet J, Riva M, Sentenac A, Fromageot P. Yeast RNA polymerase C and its subunits. Specific antibodies as structural and functional probes. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15304-10 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the participation of these polypeptides to the active enzyme molecule, and of their possible role in DNA binding or transcription factor recognition. ..
- Andrau J, Sentenac A, Werner M. Mutagenesis of yeast TFIIIB70 reveals C-terminal residues critical for interaction with TBP and C34. J Mol Biol. 1999;288:511-20 pubmed..III were obtained, some of which altered the interaction with the C34 subunit of pol III and were co-lethal with rpc34 mutations...
- Hahn S, Roberts S. The zinc ribbon domains of the general transcription factors TFIIB and Brf: conserved functional surfaces but different roles in transcription initiation. Genes Dev. 2000;14:719-30 pubmed..Therefore, the same conserved surface of the zinc ribbon domain has been adapted to serve distinct roles in the Pol II and Pol III transcription machinery. ..
- Oficjalska Pham D, Harismendy O, Smagowicz W, Gonzalez de Peredo A, Boguta M, Sentenac A, et al. General repression of RNA polymerase III transcription is triggered by protein phosphatase type 2A-mediated dephosphorylation of Maf1. Mol Cell. 2006;22:623-32 pubmed..The results indicate that Pol III transcription can be globally and rapidly downregulated via dephosphorylation and relocation of a general negative cofactor. ..
- Vannini A, Ringel R, Kusser A, Berninghausen O, Kassavetis G, Cramer P. Molecular basis of RNA polymerase III transcription repression by Maf1. Cell. 2010;143:59-70 pubmed publisher..These results explain how Maf1 specifically represses transcription initiation from Pol III promoters and indicate that Maf1 also prevents reinitiation by binding Pol III during transcription elongation. ..
- Minaker S, Filiatrault M, Ben Aroya S, Hieter P, Stirling P. Biogenesis of RNA polymerases II and III requires the conserved GPN small GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2013;193:853-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the three GPN proteins execute a common, and likely essential, function in RNA polymerase assembly and transport. ..