Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPB11
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase II core subunit RPB11
Alias: DNA-directed RNA polymerase II core subunit RPB11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Benga W, Grandemange S, Shpakovski G, Shematorova E, Kedinger C, Vigneron M. Distinct regions of RPB11 are required for heterodimerization with RPB3 in human and yeast RNA polymerase II. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:3582-90 pubmedIn Saccharomyces cerevisiae, RNA polymerase II assembly is probably initiated by the formation of the RPB3-RPB11 heterodimer. RPB3 is encoded by a single copy gene in the yeast, mouse and human genomes...
- McCann T, Guo Y, McDonald W, Tansey W. Antagonistic roles for the ubiquitin ligase Asr1 and the ubiquitin-specific protease Ubp3 in subtelomeric gene silencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:1309-14 pubmed publisher..We suggest that control of pol II by nonproteolytic ubiquitylation provides a mechanism to enforce silencing by transient and reversible inhibition of pol II activity at subtelomeric chromatin. ..
- Kettenberger H, Armache K, Cramer P. Complete RNA polymerase II elongation complex structure and its interactions with NTP and TFIIS. Mol Cell. 2004;16:955-65 pubmed..Binding of the elongation factor TFIIS realigns RNA in the active center, possibly converting the elongation complex to an alternative state less prone to stalling. ..
- Schaft D, Roguev A, Kotovic K, Shevchenko A, Sarov M, Shevchenko A, et al. The histone 3 lysine 36 methyltransferase, SET2, is involved in transcriptional elongation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:2475-82 pubmed..Since SET2 is also a histone methyltransferase, these results suggest a role for histone 3 lysine 36 methylation in transcriptional elongation. ..
- Sayre M, Tschochner H, Kornberg R. Reconstitution of transcription with five purified initiation factors and RNA polymerase II from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:23376-82 pubmed..TFIIA failed to substitute for any purified factor or to stimulate transcription with the complete set of factors, indicating that its function in crude extracts is primarily as an anti-inhibitor. ..
- Babbarwal V, Fu J, Reese J. The Rpb4/7 module of RNA polymerase II is required for carbon catabolite repressor protein 4-negative on TATA (Ccr4-not) complex to promote elongation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:33125-30 pubmed publisher..The interplay between Ccr4-Not and Rpb4/7 described here suggests a mechanism for how the cell coordinates mRNA synthesis and decay. ..
- Mosley A, Pattenden S, Carey M, Venkatesh S, Gilmore J, Florens L, et al. Rtr1 is a CTD phosphatase that regulates RNA polymerase II during the transition from serine 5 to serine 2 phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2009;34:168-78 pubmed publisher..Functional characterization of Rtr1 reveals its role as a CTD phosphatase essential for the S5-to-S2-P transition. ..
- Kruk J, Dutta A, Fu J, Gilmour D, Reese J. The multifunctional Ccr4-Not complex directly promotes transcription elongation. Genes Dev. 2011;25:581-93 pubmed publisher..Our comprehensive analysis shows that Ccr4-Not directly regulates transcription, and suggests it does so by promoting the resumption of elongation of arrested RNAPII when it encounters transcriptional blocks in vivo. ..
- Czeko E, Seizl M, Augsberger C, Mielke T, Cramer P. Iwr1 directs RNA polymerase II nuclear import. Mol Cell. 2011;42:261-6 pubmed publisher..Iwr1 function is Pol II specific, transcription independent, and apparently conserved from yeast to human. ..
- Porrúa O, Libri D. A bacterial-like mechanism for transcription termination by the Sen1p helicase in budding yeast. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2013;20:884-91 pubmed publisher..We also show that termination is inhibited by RNA-DNA hybrids. Our results elucidate the role of Sen1p in controlling pervasive transcription. ..
- Zaros C, Briand J, Boulard Y, Labarre Mariotte S, Garcia Lopez M, Thuriaux P, et al. Functional organization of the Rpb5 subunit shared by the three yeast RNA polymerases. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:634-47 pubmed
- Niesser J, Wagner F, Kostrewa D, MÃ¼hlbacher W, Cramer P. Structure of GPN-Loop GTPase Npa3 and Implications for RNA Polymerase II Assembly. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;36:820-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GPN-loop GTPases are assembly chaperones for Pol II and other protein complexes. ..
- Xu Y, Bernecky C, Lee C, Maier K, Schwalb B, Tegunov D, et al. Architecture of the RNA polymerase II-Paf1C-TFIIS transcription elongation complex. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15741 pubmed publisher..We further show that Paf1C is globally required for normal mRNA transcription in yeast. These results provide a three-dimensional framework for further analysis of Paf1C function in transcription through chromatin. ..
- Luo J, Fishburn J, Hahn S, Ranish J. An integrated chemical cross-linking and mass spectrometry approach to study protein complex architecture and function. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.008318 pubmed publisher..As such, it is an attractive approach to study the topology of protein complexes. ..
- Tan Q, Prysak M, Woychik N. Loss of the Rpb4/Rpb7 subcomplex in a mutant form of the Rpb6 subunit shared by RNA polymerases I, II, and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3329-38 pubmed..The association of Rpb4/Rpb7 with Rpb6 suggests that analogous subunits of each RNA polymerase impart class-specific functions through a conserved core subunit. ..
- Leblanc B, Benham C, Clark D. An initiation element in the yeast CUP1 promoter is recognized by RNA polymerase II in the absence of TATA box-binding protein if the DNA is negatively supercoiled. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10745-50 pubmed..The role of transcription factors might be to mark the promoter and to regulate specific melting of promoter DNA. ..
- Jaag H, Stork J, Nagy P. Host transcription factor Rpb11p affects tombusvirus replication and recombination via regulating the accumulation of viral replication proteins. Virology. 2007;368:388-404 pubmed publisher..We propose a model that the concentration (molecular crowding) of replication proteins within the viral replicase is a factor affecting viral replication and recombination...
- Christie K, Awrey D, Edwards A, Kane C. Purified yeast RNA polymerase II reads through intrinsic blocks to elongation in response to the yeast TFIIS analogue, P37. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:936-43 pubmed