Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPA49
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA49
Alias: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA49
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Viktorovskaya O, Appling F, Schneider D. Yeast transcription elongation factor Spt5 associates with RNA polymerase I and RNA polymerase II directly. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18825-33 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, spt5 truncation mutations suppress the cold-sensitive phenotype of rpa49? strain, which lacks the A49 subunit in the Pol I complex...
- Mirón García M, Garrido Godino A, García Molinero V, Hernández Torres F, Rodriguez Navarro S, Navarro F. The prefoldin bud27 mediates the assembly of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases in an rpb5-dependent manner. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003297 pubmed publisher..Finally, the role of URI seems to be conserved in humans, suggesting conserved mechanisms in RNA pols biogenesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Smith A, Renfrow M, Schneider D. The RNA polymerase-associated factor 1 complex (Paf1C) directly increases the elongation rate of RNA polymerase I and is required for efficient regulation of rRNA synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14152-9 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that Paf1C plays an important direct role in cellular control of rRNA expression. ..
- Van Mullem V, Landrieux E, Vandenhaute J, Thuriaux P. Rpa12p, a conserved RNA polymerase I subunit with two functional domains. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1105-13 pubmed..Thus, the N-terminal zinc domain of Rpa12p determines its anchoring to RNA polymerase I and is the only critical part of that subunit in vivo. ..
- Milkereit P, Tschochner H. A specialized form of RNA polymerase I, essential for initiation and growth-dependent regulation of rRNA synthesis, is disrupted during transcription. EMBO J. 1998;17:3692-703 pubmed..We propose that the formation and disruption of the pol I-Rrn3p complex reflects a molecular switch for regulating rRNA synthesis and its growth rate-dependent regulation. ..
- Fernández Tornero C, Moreno Morcillo M, Rashid U, Taylor N, Ruiz F, Gruene T, et al. Crystal structure of the 14-subunit RNA polymerase I. Nature. 2013;502:644-9 pubmed publisher..2 in RNA cleavage and Pol I insensitivity to ?-amanitin. The A49-A34.5 heterodimer embraces subunit A135 through extended arms, thereby contacting and potentially regulating subunit A12.2. ..
- Fath S, Milkereit P, Podtelejnikov A, Bischler N, Schultz P, Bier M, et al. Association of yeast RNA polymerase I with a nucleolar substructure active in rRNA synthesis and processing. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:575-90 pubmed..Our results support the idea that a functional nucleolar subdomain formed independently of the state of rDNA transcription may serve as a scaffold for coordinated rRNA synthesis and processing. ..
- Gomar Alba M, del Olmo M. Hot1 factor recruits co-activator Sub1 and elongation complex Spt4/5 to osmostress genes. Biochem J. 2016;473:3065-79 pubmed publisher..Instead, other data presented herein indicate a key function of the Hot1 transcription factor in the recruitment of these proteins to the promoter or the 5'-coding region of the genes under its control. ..
- Catala M, Tremblay M, Samson E, Conconi A, Abou Elela S. Deletion of Rnt1p alters the proportion of open versus closed rRNA gene repeats in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:619-29 pubmed..The results demonstrate that defects in pre-rRNA processing can influence the chromatin structure of the rRNA gene arrays and reveal links among the rRNA gene chromatin, transcription, and processing. ..
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Albert B, Colleran C, L ger Silvestre I, Berger A, Dez C, Normand C, et al. Structure-function analysis of Hmo1 unveils an ancestral organization of HMG-Box factors involved in ribosomal DNA transcription from yeast to human. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:10135-49 pubmed publisher..Schizosaccharomyces pombe) localize to the nucleolus and suppress growth defect of the RNA polymerase I mutant rpa49-?. Owing to the multiple functions of both proteins, Hmo1 and UBF1 are not fully interchangeable...
- Harris B, Bose T, Lee K, Wang F, Lu S, Ross R, et al. Cohesion promotes nucleolar structure and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:337-46 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that organization of the rDNA provided by cohesion is critical for formation and function of the nucleolus. ..
- Schneider D, Nomura M. RNA polymerase I remains intact without subunit exchange through multiple rounds of transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15112-7 pubmed..Thus, Pol I is not a dynamic protein complex but rather a stable enzyme. ..
- Penrod Y, Rothblum K, Rothblum L. Characterization of the interactions of mammalian RNA polymerase I associated proteins PAF53 and PAF49. Biochemistry. 2012;51:6519-26 pubmed publisher..However, substitution of amino acids 52-98 of yeast A34.5 with amino acids 41-86 of mammalian PAF49 resulted in a protein that could heterodimerize with mouse PAF53. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen R. Assembly and quality control of the protein phosphatase 1 holoenzyme involves the Cdc48-Shp1 chaperone. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1180-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Cdc48-Shp1 functions as a molecular chaperone for the structural integrity of PP1 complex in general and that it specifically promotes the assembly of Glc7-Sds22-Ypi1 for nuclear import. ..