Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPA43
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA43
Alias: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA43
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Stepanchick A, Zhi H, Cavanaugh A, Rothblum K, Schneider D, Rothblum L. DNA binding by the ribosomal DNA transcription factor rrn3 is essential for ribosomal DNA transcription. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9135-44 pubmed publisher..Control experiments demonstrated that these mutant Rrn3 constructs were capable of interacting with both rpa43 and SL1, two other activities demonstrated to be essential for Rrn3 function...
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Beckouët F, Mariotte Labarre S, Peyroche G, Nogi Y, Thuriaux P. Rpa43 and its partners in the yeast RNA polymerase I transcription complex. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3355-9 pubmed publisherAn Rpa43/Rpa14 stalk protrudes from RNA polymerase I (RNAPI), with homology to Rpb7/Rpb4 (RNAPII), Rpc25/Rpc17 (RNAPIII) and RpoE/RpoF (archaea)...
- Geiger S, Kuhn C, Leidig C, Renkawitz J, Cramer P. Crystallization of RNA polymerase I subcomplex A14/A43 by iterative prediction, probing and removal of flexible regions. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:413-8 pubmed publisher..This strategy should enable the crystallization of other proteins and subcomplexes with multiple flexibilities, as required for hybrid structure solution of large macromolecular assemblies. ..
- Gadal O, Labarre S, Boschiero C, Thuriaux P. Hmo1, an HMG-box protein, belongs to the yeast ribosomal DNA transcription system. EMBO J. 2002;21:5498-507 pubmed..Conversely, rpa34-Delta mutants lacking Rpa34, a non-essential subunit associated with Rpa49, are lethal in top1-Delta but not in top3-Delta. ..
- Van Mullem V, Landrieux E, Vandenhaute J, Thuriaux P. Rpa12p, a conserved RNA polymerase I subunit with two functional domains. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1105-13 pubmed..Thus, the N-terminal zinc domain of Rpa12p determines its anchoring to RNA polymerase I and is the only critical part of that subunit in vivo. ..
- Fath S, Milkereit P, Podtelejnikov A, Bischler N, Schultz P, Bier M, et al. Association of yeast RNA polymerase I with a nucleolar substructure active in rRNA synthesis and processing. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:575-90 pubmed..Our results support the idea that a functional nucleolar subdomain formed independently of the state of rDNA transcription may serve as a scaffold for coordinated rRNA synthesis and processing. ..
- Schneider D, Nomura M. RNA polymerase I remains intact without subunit exchange through multiple rounds of transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15112-7 pubmed..Thus, Pol I is not a dynamic protein complex but rather a stable enzyme. ..
- Fernández Tornero C, Moreno Morcillo M, Rashid U, Taylor N, Ruiz F, Gruene T, et al. Crystal structure of the 14-subunit RNA polymerase I. Nature. 2013;502:644-9 pubmed publisher..2 in RNA cleavage and Pol I insensitivity to ?-amanitin. The A49-A34.5 heterodimer embraces subunit A135 through extended arms, thereby contacting and potentially regulating subunit A12.2. ..
- Iacovella M, Golfieri C, Massari L, Busnelli S, Pagliuca C, Dal Maschio M, et al. Rio1 promotes rDNA stability and downregulates RNA polymerase I to ensure rDNA segregation. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6643 pubmed publisher..During anaphase, Rio1 downregulates PolI by targeting its subunit Rpa43, causing PolI to dissociate from the rDNA...
- Engel K, French S, Viktorovskaya O, Beyer A, Schneider D. Spt6 Is Essential for rRNA Synthesis by RNA Polymerase I. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2321-31 pubmed publisher..First, Spt6 physically associates with a Pol I subunit (Rpa43). Second, Spt6 interacts physically and genetically with Spt4/5, which directly affects Pol I transcription...
- Thuriaux P, Mariotte S, Buhler J, Sentenac A, Vu L, Lee B, et al. Gene RPA43 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes an essential subunit of RNA polymerase I. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24252-7 pubmed..The corresponding gene, RPA43, encodes a 326-amino acid polypeptide matching the peptidic sequence of two tryptic fragments isolated from A43...