Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPA34
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA34
Alias: CST21, DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA34
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Harris B, Bose T, Lee K, Wang F, Lu S, Ross R, et al. Cohesion promotes nucleolar structure and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:337-46 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that organization of the rDNA provided by cohesion is critical for formation and function of the nucleolus. ..
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Gadal O, Labarre S, Boschiero C, Thuriaux P. Hmo1, an HMG-box protein, belongs to the yeast ribosomal DNA transcription system. EMBO J. 2002;21:5498-507 pubmed..They are not affected by top1-Delta defective in Top1, the other eukaryotic type I topoisomerase. Conversely, rpa34-Delta mutants lacking Rpa34, a non-essential subunit associated with Rpa49, are lethal in top1-Delta but not in ..
- Viktorovskaya O, Appling F, Schneider D. Yeast transcription elongation factor Spt5 associates with RNA polymerase I and RNA polymerase II directly. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18825-33 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose a model in which Spt5 is recruited to the rDNA early in transcription and propose that it plays an important role in ribosomal RNA synthesis through direct binding to the Pol I complex. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rbs1 interacts with the Crm1 exportin and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. We postulate that Rbs1 binds to the Pol III complex or subcomplex and facilitates its translocation to the nucleus. ..