Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPA14
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA14
Alias: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I subunit RPA14
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Smid A, Riva M, Bouet F, Sentenac A, Carles C. The association of three subunits with yeast RNA polymerase is stabilized by A14. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13534-40 pubmed..All of the corresponding genes have been cloned with the exception of the RPA14 gene encoding A14, a specific polypeptide of this enzyme. We report the cloning and the characterization of RPA14...
- Geiger S, Kuhn C, Leidig C, Renkawitz J, Cramer P. Crystallization of RNA polymerase I subcomplex A14/A43 by iterative prediction, probing and removal of flexible regions. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2008;64:413-8 pubmed publisher..This strategy should enable the crystallization of other proteins and subcomplexes with multiple flexibilities, as required for hybrid structure solution of large macromolecular assemblies. ..
- Beckouët F, Mariotte Labarre S, Peyroche G, Nogi Y, Thuriaux P. Rpa43 and its partners in the yeast RNA polymerase I transcription complex. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3355-9 pubmed publisherAn Rpa43/Rpa14 stalk protrudes from RNA polymerase I (RNAPI), with homology to Rpb7/Rpb4 (RNAPII), Rpc25/Rpc17 (RNAPIII) and RpoE/RpoF (archaea)...
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Van Mullem V, Landrieux E, Vandenhaute J, Thuriaux P. Rpa12p, a conserved RNA polymerase I subunit with two functional domains. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1105-13 pubmed..N-terminal domain fail to grow at 34 degrees C, are sensitive to nucleotide-depleting drugs and become lethal in rpa14-Delta mutants lacking the non-essential RNA polymerase I subunit Rpa14p...