Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPA135
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase I core subunit RPA135
Alias: RPA2, RRN2, SRP3, DNA-directed RNA polymerase I core subunit RPA135
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schneider D, French S, Osheim Y, Bailey A, Vu L, Dodd J, et al. RNA polymerase II elongation factors Spt4p and Spt5p play roles in transcription elongation by RNA polymerase I and rRNA processing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:12707-12 pubmed..These data suggest that Spt4p, Spt5p, and, potentially, other regulators of Pol I transcription elongation play important roles in coupling rRNA transcription to its processing and ribosome assembly. ..
- Schneider D, Nomura M. RNA polymerase I remains intact without subunit exchange through multiple rounds of transcription in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15112-7 pubmed..Thus, Pol I is not a dynamic protein complex but rather a stable enzyme. ..
- Kim H, Brill S. MEC1-dependent phosphorylation of yeast RPA1 in vitro. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:1321-35 pubmed..Using a Mec1 immunoprecipitate (IP)-kinase assay, we show that the two large subunits, RPA1 and RPA2, are good substrates for Mec1 kinase...
- Huang J, Moazed D. Association of the RENT complex with nontranscribed and coding regions of rDNA and a regional requirement for the replication fork block protein Fob1 in rDNA silencing. Genes Dev. 2003;17:2162-76 pubmed..Furthermore, the Fob1-dependent associations of Net1 and Sir2 with the recombination hotspot region strongly suggest that Sir2 acts directly at this region to carry out its inhibitory effect on rDNA recombination and accelerated aging. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rbs1 interacts with the Crm1 exportin and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. We postulate that Rbs1 binds to the Pol III complex or subcomplex and facilitates its translocation to the nucleus. ..
- Fath S, Milkereit P, Podtelejnikov A, Bischler N, Schultz P, Bier M, et al. Association of yeast RNA polymerase I with a nucleolar substructure active in rRNA synthesis and processing. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:575-90 pubmed..Our results support the idea that a functional nucleolar subdomain formed independently of the state of rDNA transcription may serve as a scaffold for coordinated rRNA synthesis and processing. ..
- Milkereit P, Tschochner H. A specialized form of RNA polymerase I, essential for initiation and growth-dependent regulation of rRNA synthesis, is disrupted during transcription. EMBO J. 1998;17:3692-703 pubmed..We propose that the formation and disruption of the pol I-Rrn3p complex reflects a molecular switch for regulating rRNA synthesis and its growth rate-dependent regulation. ..
- Briand J, Navarro F, Rematier P, Boschiero C, Labarre S, Werner M, et al. Partners of Rpb8p, a small subunit shared by yeast RNA polymerases I, II and III. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6056-65 pubmed..A ygr089-Delta null mutant has no detectable growth defect but aggravates the conditional growth defect of rpb8 mutants, suggesting that the interaction with Rpb8p may be physiologically relevant. ..
- Kuhn C, Geiger S, Baumli S, Gartmann M, Gerber J, Jennebach S, et al. Functional architecture of RNA polymerase I. Cell. 2007;131:1260-72 pubmed..In contrast to Pol II, Pol I has a strong intrinsic 3'-RNA cleavage activity, which requires the C-terminal domain of subunit A12.2 and, apparently, enables ribosomal RNA proofreading and 3'-end trimming. ..
- Mirón García M, Garrido Godino A, García Molinero V, Hernández Torres F, Rodriguez Navarro S, Navarro F. The prefoldin bud27 mediates the assembly of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases in an rpb5-dependent manner. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003297 pubmed publisher..Finally, the role of URI seems to be conserved in humans, suggesting conserved mechanisms in RNA pols biogenesis. ..
- Fernández Tornero C, Moreno Morcillo M, Rashid U, Taylor N, Ruiz F, Gruene T, et al. Crystal structure of the 14-subunit RNA polymerase I. Nature. 2013;502:644-9 pubmed publisher..2 in RNA cleavage and Pol I insensitivity to ?-amanitin. The A49-A34.5 heterodimer embraces subunit A135 through extended arms, thereby contacting and potentially regulating subunit A12.2. ..
- Van Mullem V, Landrieux E, Vandenhaute J, Thuriaux P. Rpa12p, a conserved RNA polymerase I subunit with two functional domains. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1105-13 pubmed..Thus, the N-terminal zinc domain of Rpa12p determines its anchoring to RNA polymerase I and is the only critical part of that subunit in vivo. ..
- Shou W, Sakamoto K, Keener J, Morimoto K, Traverso E, Azzam R, et al. Net1 stimulates RNA polymerase I transcription and regulates nucleolar structure independently of controlling mitotic exit. Mol Cell. 2001;8:45-55 pubmed..The independent functions of Net1 link a key event in the cell cycle to nucleolar processes that are fundamental to cell growth. ..
- Harris B, Bose T, Lee K, Wang F, Lu S, Ross R, et al. Cohesion promotes nucleolar structure and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:337-46 pubmed publisher..Our results strongly suggest that organization of the rDNA provided by cohesion is critical for formation and function of the nucleolus. ..
- Yoshida K, Blobel G. The karyopherin Kap142p/Msn5p mediates nuclear import and nuclear export of different cargo proteins. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:729-40 pubmed..K., Y. Wang, F.W. Farley, and E.A. Elion. 1999. Cell. 98:501-512) our data indicate that the karyopherin Kap142p is able to mediate nuclear import of one set of proteins and nuclear export of a different set of proteins. ..
- Yano R, Nomura M. Suppressor analysis of temperature-sensitive mutations of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase I in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a suppressor gene encodes the second-largest subunit of RNA polymerase I. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:754-64 pubmedThe SRP3-1 mutation is an allele-specific suppressor of temperature-sensitive mutations in the largest subunit (A190) of RNA polymerase I from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- McCusker J, Yamagishi M, Kolb J, Nomura M. Suppressor analysis of temperature-sensitive RNA polymerase I mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: suppression of mutations in a zinc-binding motif by transposed mutant genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:746-53 pubmed