Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ROM2
Description: Rho family guanine nucleotide exchange factor ROM2
Alias: Rho family guanine nucleotide exchange factor ROM2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Yoshida S, Bartolini S, Pellman D. Mechanisms for concentrating Rho1 during cytokinesis. Genes Dev. 2009;23:810-23 pubmed publisher..These findings comprehensively define the targeting mechanisms of Rho1 essential for cytokinesis in yeast, and are likely to be relevant to cytokinesis in other organisms. ..
- Lorberg A, Schmitz H, Jacoby J, Heinisch J. Lrg1p functions as a putative GTPase-activating protein in the Pkc1p-mediated cell integrity pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:514-26 pubmedIn Saccharomyces cerevisiae the ROM2 gene encodes a GDP/GTP exchange factor for the small G-protein Rho1p, a known activator of protein kinase C...
- Schmelzle T, Helliwell S, Hall M. Yeast protein kinases and the RHO1 exchange factor TUS1 are novel components of the cell integrity pathway in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:1329-39 pubmed..Furthermore, our findings suggest that the YPKs are a missing link between sphingolipid signaling and the cell integrity pathway. ..
- Zhou J, Zhong Q, Li G, Greenberg M. Loss of cardiolipin leads to longevity defects that are alleviated by alterations in stress response signaling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18106-14 pubmed publisher..These findings show for the first time that perturbation of CL synthesis leads to decreased longevity in yeast, which is restored by altering signaling through stress response pathways. ..
- Cardon C, Beck T, Hall M, Rutter J. PAS kinase promotes cell survival and growth through activation of Rho1. Sci Signal. 2012;5:ra9 pubmed publisher..In addition to phosphorylated Ugp1, this complex contained Rom2, a Rho1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor, and Ssd1, an mRNA-binding protein...
- Chai B, Hsu J, Du J, Laurent B. Yeast RSC function is required for organization of the cellular cytoskeleton via an alternative PKC1 pathway. Genetics. 2002;161:575-84 pubmed..Together, these data reveal an important functional connection between the RSC remodeler and PKC1-dependent signaling in regulating the cellular architecture. ..
- Leng G, Song K. Direct interaction of Ste11 and Mkk1/2 through Nst1 integrates high-osmolarity glycerol and pheromone pathways to the cell wall integrity MAPK pathway. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:148-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Ser(407) and Thr(411) are novel residues of Mkk1 activated by these MAPK pathways. ..
- Jacoby J, Nilius S, Heinisch J. A screen for upstream components of the yeast protein kinase C signal transduction pathway identifies the product of the SLG1 gene. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;258:148-55 pubmed..can be partially suppressed by overexpression of genes for other components of the Pkc pathway, such as PKC1, SLT2, ROM2, and STE20...
- Prosser D, Pannunzio A, Brodsky J, Thorner J, Wendland B, O Donnell A. Î±-Arrestins participate in cargo selection for both clathrin-independent and clathrin-mediated endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:4220-34 pubmed publisher..Notably, neither expression of Rsp5 nor its binding to Î±-arrestins is required for CIE. Thus, Î±-arrestins are important for cargo selection in both the CME and CIE pathways, but function by distinct mechanisms in each pathway. ..
- Borecka Melkusova S, Kozovska Z, Hikkel I, Dzugasova V, Subik J. RPD3 and ROM2 are required for multidrug resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEMS Yeast Res. 2008;8:414-24 pubmed publisher..gene encoding the histone deacetylase that functions as a transcriptional corepressor at many promoters and the ROM2 gene coding for the GDP/GTP exchange protein for Rho1p and Rho2p participating in signal transduction pathways are ..
- Wang S, Xu B, Liou L, Ren Q, Huang S, Luo Y, et al. ?-Synuclein disrupts stress signaling by inhibiting polo-like kinase Cdc5/Plk2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16119-24 pubmed publisher..The nine N-terminal amino acids of aSyn are essential for the interaction with polo-like kinases. The results support a unique mechanism of PD pathology. ..
- Pracheil T, Thornton J, Liu Z. TORC2 signaling is antagonized by protein phosphatase 2A and the Far complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;190:1325-39 pubmed publisher..Antagonism of TORC2 signaling by PP2A-Far11 represents a novel regulatory mechanism for controlling spatial cell growth of yeast. ..
- Imazu H, Sakurai H. Saccharomyces cerevisiae heat shock transcription factor regulates cell wall remodeling in response to heat shock. Eukaryot Cell. 2005;4:1050-6 pubmed..class of suppressors encoded cell wall stress sensors, Wsc1, Wsc2, and Mid2, and the GDP/GTP exchange factor Rom2 that interacts with these cell wall sensors...
- Hsieh M, Chen R. Cdc48 and cofactors Npl4-Ufd1 are important for G1 progression during heat stress by maintaining cell wall integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18988 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cdc48-Npl4-Ufd1 is important for the maintenance of cell wall integrity in order for normal cell growth and division. ..
- Luo G, Costanzo M, Boone C, Dickson R. Nutrients and the Pkh1/2 and Pkc1 protein kinases control mRNA decay and P-body assembly in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8759-70 pubmed publisher..Mammals may use similar regulatory mechanisms because components of the decay apparatus and signaling pathways are conserved. ..
- Hirano H, Tanaka K, Ozaki K, Imamura H, Kohno H, Hihara T, et al. ROM7/BEM4 encodes a novel protein that interacts with the Rho1p small GTP-binding protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4396-403 pubmed..The temperature-sensitive growth phenotype was suppressed by overexpression of RHO1, ROM2, which encodes a Rho1p-specific GDP/GTP exchange factor, or PKC1, which encodes a target of Rho1p...
- Guo S, Shen X, Yan G, Ma D, Bai X, Li S, et al. A MAP kinase dependent feedback mechanism controls Rho1 GTPase and actin distribution in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6089 pubmed publisher..study, we demonstrate a novel feedback loop in this Rho1-mediated Pkc1-MAPK pathway that involves regulation of Rom2, the guanine nucleotide exchange factor of Rho1, by Mpk1, the end kinase of the pathway...
- Loewith R, Jacinto E, Wullschleger S, Lorberg A, Crespo J, Bonenfant D, et al. Two TOR complexes, only one of which is rapamycin sensitive, have distinct roles in cell growth control. Mol Cell. 2002;10:457-68 pubmed..Thus, the distinct TOR complexes account for the diversity, specificity, and selective rapamycin inhibition of TOR signaling. TORC1 and possibly TORC2 are conserved from yeast to man. ..
- Olson D, FrÃ¶hlich F, Christiano R, Hannibal Bach H, Ejsing C, Walther T. Rom2-dependent phosphorylation of Elo2 controls the abundance of very long-chain fatty acids. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:4238-47 pubmed publisher..that Elo2, a key enzyme of VLCFA synthesis, is controlled by signaling of the guanine nucleotide exchange factor Rom2, initiating at the plasma membrane. This pathway controls Elo2 phosphorylation state and VLCFA synthesis...
- Dungrawala H, Hua H, Wright J, Abraham L, Kasemsri T, McDowell A, et al. Identification of new cell size control genes in S. cerevisiae. Cell Div. 2012;7:24 pubmed publisher..Further, the small (whi) mutants mrpl49? and cbs1? are dependent on CLN3 for cell size effects. In depth analyses of new size mutants may facilitate a better understanding of the processes that govern cell size homeostasis. ..
- Li X, Ohmori T, Irie K, Kimura Y, Suda Y, Mizuno T, et al. Different Regulations of ROM2 and LRG1 Expression by Ccr4, Pop2, and Dhh1 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cell Wall Integrity Pathway. mSphere. 2016;1: pubmed..Ccr4 and Khd1 modulate a signal from Rho1 small GTPase in the CWI pathway by regulating the expression of ROM2 mRNA and LRG1 mRNA, encoding a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) and a GTPase-activating protein (..
- Park J, Collinson E, Grant C, Dawes I. Rom2p, the Rho1 GTP/GDP exchange factor of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, can mediate stress responses via the Ras-cAMP pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2529-35 pubmed..b>ROM2 was isolated as a suppresser of heat and NaCl sensitivity caused by the lack of the Ras-GTPase activator Ira2p or ..
- Morales Johansson H, Jenoe P, Cooke F, Hall M. Negative regulation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate levels by the INP51-associated proteins TAX4 and IRS4. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39604-10 pubmed..The interaction between TAX4/IRS4 and INP51 is analogous to the association of EPS15 with the 5-phosphatase synaptojanin 1 in mammalian cells, suggesting that EPS15 is an activator of synaptojanin 1. ..
- Grose J, Smith T, Sabic H, Rutter J. Yeast PAS kinase coordinates glucose partitioning in response to metabolic and cell integrity signaling. EMBO J. 2007;26:4824-30 pubmed..As a whole, this system acts to coordinate glucose partitioning with alterations in demand due to changes in environmental and nutrient conditions. ..
- Zanelli C, Valentini S. Pkc1 acts through Zds1 and Gic1 to suppress growth and cell polarity defects of a yeast eIF5A mutant. Genetics. 2005;171:1571-81 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly support the correlated involvement of Pkc1 and eIF5A in establishing actin polarity, which is essential for bud formation and G1/S transition in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Petkova M, Pujol Carrion N, De La Torre Ruiz M. Mtl1 O-mannosylation mediated by both Pmt1 and Pmt2 is important for cell survival under oxidative conditions and TOR blockade. Fungal Genet Biol. 2012;49:903-14 pubmed publisher..we demonstrate that the Mtl1 cytoplasmic domain physically interacts with the GEF (GTPase Exchange Factor) protein Rom2 of the CWI (Cell wall Integrity) pathway...
- Sekiya Kawasaki M, Abe M, Saka A, Watanabe D, Kono K, Minemura Asakawa M, et al. Dissection of upstream regulatory components of the Rho1p effector, 1,3-beta-glucan synthase, in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2002;162:663-76 pubmed..We demonstrate that all of the multicopy suppressors obtained (WSC1, WSC3, MTL1, ROM2, LRE1, ZDS1, and MSB1) and the constitutively active RHO1 mutations tested restore 1,3-beta-glucan synthesis in the ..
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Green R, Lesage G, Sdicu A, Menard P, Bussey H. A synthetic analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae stress sensor Mid2p, and identification of a Mid2p-interacting protein, Zeo1p, that modulates the PKC1-MPK1 cell integrity pathway. Microbiology. 2003;149:2487-99 pubmed..These include WSC1 and ROM2, upstream elements in cell integrity pathway signalling, and FKS1 and SMI1, required for 1,3-beta-glucan synthesis...
- Hosotani T, Koyama H, Uchino M, Miyakawa T, Tsuchiya E. PKC1, a protein kinase C homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, participates in microtubule function through the yeast EB1 homologue, BIM1. Genes Cells. 2001;6:775-88 pubmed..These results suggest that Pkc1p plays a role which is relevant to microtubule functions and that this role is mediated by a hitherto unknown PKC signalling pathway and by Bim1p ..
- Marcoux N, Cloutier S, Zakrzewska E, Charest P, Bourbonnais Y, Pallotta D. Suppression of the profilin-deficient phenotype by the RHO2 signaling pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;156:579-92 pubmed..Since none of the suppressors, except Rho2p, can correct the phenotype of the pfy1-111/rho2Delta strain, we propose a model in which the suppressors act through the Rho2p signaling pathway to repolarize cortical actin patches. ..
- Andrews P, Stark M. Type 1 protein phosphatase is required for maintenance of cell wall integrity, morphogenesis and cell cycle progression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 3):507-20 pubmed..as a glc7-10 dosage suppressor, extra copies of genes encoding upstream components of the Pkc1p pathway such as ROM2, RHO2, HCS77/WSC1/SLG1 and MID2 also suppressed glc7-10 effectively...
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. PtdIns(3)P accumulation in triple lipid-phosphatase-deletion mutants triggers lethal hyperactivation of the Rho1p/Pkc1p cell-integrity MAP kinase pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5589-601 pubmed..Consistent with this, deletion of the ROM2 gene, which encodes a major Rho1p guanine-nucleotide exchange factor, bypassed the lethal effect of PtdIns(3)P ..
- Ito W, Li X, Irie K, Mizuno T, Irie K. RNA-binding protein Khd1 and Ccr4 deadenylase play overlapping roles in the cell wall integrity pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2011;10:1340-7 pubmed publisher..We identified the ROM2 mRNA, encoding a guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) for Rho1, as a target for Khd1 and Ccr4...
- Liou L, Ren Q, Gao Q, Zhang Z. Sro7 and Sro77, the yeast homologues of the Drosophila lethal giant larvae (Lgl), regulate cell proliferation via the Rho1-Tor1 pathway. Microbiology. 2014;160:2208-14 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the tumour suppressor homologue SRO7/SRO77 regulated cell proliferation and yeast colony development via the Rho1-Tor1 pathway. ..
- Niles B, Powers T. TOR complex 2-Ypk1 signaling regulates actin polarization via reactive oxygen species. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:3962-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that Ypk1 regulates Pkc1 activity through proper localization of Rom2 at the plasma membrane, which is also dependent on Fpk1 and sphingolipids...
- Lorberg A, Jacoby J, Schmitz H, Heinisch J. The PH domain of the yeast GEF Rom2p serves an essential function in vivo. Mol Genet Genomics. 2001;266:505-13 pubmed..signal transduction pathway that responds to cell wall damage in yeast, we identified a new mutant allele of the ROM2 gene, which encodes a GDP/GTP exchange factor that acts on Rho1p...