Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RMI1
Alias: NCE4, Rmi1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lai M, Seki M, Tada S, Enomoto T. Rmi1 functions in S phase-mediated cohesion establishment via a pathway involving the Ctf18-RFC complex and Mrc1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;427:682-6 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae RecQ helicase (Sgs1) combines with DNA topoisomerase III (Top3) and RecQ-mediated genome instability 1 (Rmi1) to form an evolutionarily conserved complex that is required for processing homologous recombination intermediates ..
- Bernstein K, Juanchich A, Sunjevaric I, Rothstein R. The Shu complex regulates Rad52 localization during rDNA repair. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:786-90 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that in the absence of UAF30, the Shu complex plays a central role in Rad52 rDNA localization as long as Rad52 can be sumoylated. This discrimination is important for rDNA copy number homeostasis. ..
- Fasching C, Cejka P, Kowalczykowski S, Heyer W. Top3-Rmi1 dissolve Rad51-mediated D loops by a topoisomerase-based mechanism. Mol Cell. 2015;57:595-606 pubmed publisher..Also, the human Topoisomerase IIIa-RMI1-RMI2 complex is capable of dissolving D loops...
- Bernstein K, Shor E, Sunjevaric I, Fumasoni M, Burgess R, Foiani M, et al. Sgs1 function in the repair of DNA replication intermediates is separable from its role in homologous recombinational repair. EMBO J. 2009;28:915-25 pubmed publisher..The budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae has one RecQ helicase, Sgs1, which functions with Top3 and Rmi1 in DNA repair...
- Smith J, Chen Q, Yatsunyk L, Nicoludis J, Garcia M, Kranaster R, et al. Rudimentary G-quadruplex-based telomere capping in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:478-85 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that, at least in the absence of full natural capping, G4 DNA can play a positive role at telomeres in vivo. ..
- Ii M, Ii T, Mironova L, Brill S. Epistasis analysis between homologous recombination genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identifies multiple repair pathways for Sgs1, Mus81-Mms4 and RNase H2. Mutat Res. 2011;714:33-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SGS1 and MUS81 act in parallel pathways downstream of RAD51 and RAD52, respectively. The data further indicate these pathways share common components and display complex interactions. ..
- Ashton T, Mankouri H, Heidenblut A, McHugh P, Hickson I. Pathways for Holliday junction processing during homologous recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1921-33 pubmed publisherThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rmi1 protein is a component of the highly conserved Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1 complex...
- Glineburg M, Chavez A, Agrawal V, Brill S, Johnson F. Resolution by unassisted Top3 points to template switch recombination intermediates during DNA replication. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:33193-204 pubmed publisherThe evolutionarily conserved Sgs1/Top3/Rmi1 (STR) complex plays vital roles in DNA replication and repair...
- Kaur H, De Muyt A, Lichten M. Top3-Rmi1 DNA single-strand decatenase is integral to the formation and resolution of meiotic recombination intermediates. Mol Cell. 2015;57:583-594 pubmed publisherThe topoisomerase III (Top3)-Rmi1 heterodimer, which catalyzes DNA single-strand passage, forms a conserved complex with the Bloom's helicase (BLM, Sgs1 in budding yeast)...
- Mankouri H, Ngo H, Hickson I. Shu proteins promote the formation of homologous recombination intermediates that are processed by Sgs1-Rmi1-Top3. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:4062-73 pubmed..Similar findings were also observed in shu1 cells in which Rmi1 or Top3 function was impaired...