Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RLP24
Description: ATPase-activating ribosome biosynthesis protein
Alias: ATPase-activating ribosome biosynthesis protein
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Parnell K, Bass B. Functional redundancy of yeast proteins Reh1 and Rei1 in cytoplasmic 60S subunit maturation. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4014-23 pubmed publisher..We observe that strains lacking both Reh1 and Rei1 accumulate salt-labile 60S subunits, suggesting that Reh1/Rei1 is necessary for the cytoplasmic 60S subunit to adopt its mature, stable form. ..
- Loibl M, Klein I, Prattes M, Schmidt C, Kappel L, Zisser G, et al. The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3913-22 pubmed publisher..As a consequence the physiological activity of Drg1, i.e. the release of Rlp24 from pre-60S particles, is blocked, and further progression of cytoplasmic preribosome maturation is prevented...
- Fuentes J, Datta K, Sullivan S, Walker A, Maddock J. In vivo functional characterization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae 60S biogenesis GTPase Nog1. Mol Genet Genomics. 2007;278:105-23 pubmed..Several conserved charge-to-alanine substitutions outside the GTPase domain display modest growth phenotypes indicating that these residues are not critical for function. ..
- Kappel L, Loibl M, Zisser G, Klein I, Fruhmann G, Gruber C, et al. Rlp24 activates the AAA-ATPase Drg1 to initiate cytoplasmic pre-60S maturation. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:771-82 pubmed publisher..However, its exact role in ribosome biogenesis has been unknown. Here we show that the shuttling protein Rlp24 recruited Drg1 to pre-60S particles and stimulated its ATPase activity...
- Talkish J, Zhang J, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Woolford J. Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8646-61 pubmed..Inhibition of TOR kinase decreases association of Rpf2, Spb4, Nog1 and Nog2 with pre-ribosomes. ..
- Occhipinti L, Chang Y, Altvater M, Menet A, Kemmler S, Panse V. Non-FG mediated transport of the large pre-ribosomal subunit through the nuclear pore complex by the mRNA export factor Gle2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8266-79 pubmed publisher..We propose that large complex cargos rely on non-FG as well as FG-interactions for their efficient translocation through the nuclear pore complex channel. ..
- Lebreton A, Saveanu C, Decourty L, Rain J, Jacquier A, Fromont Racine M. A functional network involved in the recycling of nucleocytoplasmic pre-60S factors. J Cell Biol. 2006;173:349-60 pubmed..We propose a model in which Rei1 is a key factor for the coordinated dissociation and recycling of the last pre-60S factors before newly synthesized large ribosomal subunits enter translation. ..