Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RIP1
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase catalytic subunit RIP1
Alias: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase catalytic subunit RIP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Deckers M, Balleininger M, Vukotic M, Römpler K, Bareth B, Juris L, et al. Aim24 stabilizes respiratory chain supercomplexes and is required for efficient respiration. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:2985-92 pubmed publisher..Deletion of AIM24 strongly affects activity of the respiratory chain and induces a growth defect on non-fermentable medium. Our data indicate that Aim24 has a function in stabilizing the respiratory chain supercomplexes. ..
- Chen Y, Taylor E, Dephoure N, Heo J, Tonhato A, Papandreou I, et al. Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stability. Cell Metab. 2012;15:348-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity. ..
- Strogolova V, Furness A, Robb McGrath M, Garlich J, Stuart R. Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplex. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1363-73 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins. ..
- Wagener N, Ackermann M, Funes S, Neupert W. A pathway of protein translocation in mitochondria mediated by the AAA-ATPase Bcs1. Mol Cell. 2011;44:191-202 pubmed publisher..Bcs1 mediates topogenesis of the Rieske protein, Rip1, a component of respiratory chains in bacteria, mitochondria, and chloroplasts...
- Atkinson A, Smith P, Fox J, Cui T, Khalimonchuk O, Winge D. The LYR protein Mzm1 functions in the insertion of the Rieske Fe/S protein in yeast mitochondria. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3988-96 pubmed publisher..Formation of bc(1) is stalled in mzm1? cells at a late assembly intermediate lacking the Rieske iron-sulfur protein Rip1. Rip1 levels are markedly attenuated in mzm1? cells at elevated temperatures...
- Brandina I, Graham J, Lemaitre Guillier C, Entelis N, Krasheninnikov I, Sweetlove L, et al. Enolase takes part in a macromolecular complex associated to mitochondria in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1757:1217-28 pubmed..This suggests an unsuspected novel function for this complex in tRNA mitochondrial import. ..
- Lee J, Hwang G, Naganuma A. Rip1 enhances methylmercury toxicity through production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in budding yeast. J Toxicol Sci. 2009;34:715-7 pubmed..Resistance to methylmercury was exhibited only by yeast that lacked Rip1, a component of electron transport system complex III...
- Kronekova Z, Rödel G. Organization of assembly factors Cbp3p and Cbp4p and their effect on bc(1) complex assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2005;47:203-12 pubmed
- Cui T, Smith P, Fox J, Khalimonchuk O, Winge D. Late-stage maturation of the Rieske Fe/S protein: Mzm1 stabilizes Rip1 but does not facilitate its translocation by the AAA ATPase Bcs1. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4400-9 pubmed publisher..of the ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase or bc(1) complex involves the insertion of the Rieske Fe/S cluster protein, Rip1. Maturation of Rip1 occurs within the mitochondrial matrix prior to its translocation across the inner membrane (IM)..
- Estruch F, Hodge C, Rodriguez Navarro S, Cole C. Physical and genetic interactions link the yeast protein Zds1p with mRNA nuclear export. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:9691-7 pubmed..We proposed that Zds1p associates with the complex formed by Dbp5p, Gfd1p, and nucleoporins at the cytosolic fibrils of the nuclear pore complex and is required for optimal mRNA export. ..
- Murphy R, Watkins J, Wente S. GLE2, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae homologue of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe export factor RAE1, is required for nuclear pore complex structure and function. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1921-37 pubmed..We propose that Gle2p has a novel role in mediating nuclear transport. ..
- Murphy R, Wente S. An RNA-export mediator with an essential nuclear export signal. Nature. 1996;383:357-60 pubmed..pore complex and requires a nuclear export signal (NES) and interaction with a cellular cofactor, the protein Rip1. Endogenous RNA export mediators that interact with Rip1 and harbour NESs are thought to exist but have yet to be ..
- Bareth B, Nikolov M, Lorenzi I, Hildenbeutel M, Mick D, Helbig C, et al. Oms1 associates with cytochrome c oxidase assembly intermediates to stabilize newly synthesized Cox1. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1570-80 pubmed publisher..Our analyses show that Oms1 participates in cytochrome c oxidase assembly by stabilizing newly synthesized Cox1. ..
- Römpler K, Müller T, Juris L, Wissel M, Vukotic M, Hofmann K, et al. Overlapping Role of Respiratory Supercomplex Factor Rcf2 and Its N-terminal Homolog Rcf3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23769-23778 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest an association of all three Rcf proteins with the bc1 complex in the absence of a functional cytochrome c oxidase and identify a supercomplex independent interaction network of the Rcf proteins. ..
- Gebert M, Schrempp S, Mehnert C, Heißwolf A, Oeljeklaus S, Ieva R, et al. Mgr2 promotes coupling of the mitochondrial presequence translocase to partner complexes. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:595-604 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Mgr2 is a coupling factor of the presequence translocase crucial for cell growth at elevated temperature and for efficient protein import. ..
- Cui T, Conte A, Fox J, Zara V, Winge D. Modulation of the respiratory supercomplexes in yeast: enhanced formation of cytochrome oxidase increases the stability and abundance of respiratory supercomplexes. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6133-41 pubmed publisherYeast cells deficient in the Rieske iron-sulfur subunit (Rip1) of ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase (bc1) accumulate a late core assembly intermediate, which weakly associates with cytochrome oxidase (CcO) in a respiratory supercomplex...
- Ljungdahl P, Beckmann J, Trumpower B. Mutational analysis of the mitochondrial Rieske iron-sulfur protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. II. Biochemical characterization of temperature-sensitive RIP1- mutations. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:3723-31 pubmed..D., Ljungdahl, P. O., and Trumpower, B. L. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264, 3713-3722). Each of the five ts-rip1- mutants exhibited pleiotropic effects...