Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RIM11
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase RIM11
Alias: GSK3, MDS1, serine/threonine protein kinase RIM11
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Malathi K, Xiao Y, Mitchell A. Interaction of yeast repressor-activator protein Ume6p with glycogen synthase kinase 3 homolog Rim11p. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:7230-6 pubmed..Rim11p (also called Mds1p and ScGSK3) is a protein kinase related to glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3); Ume6p is an architectural transcription factor; and Imelp is a Ume6p-binding protein that provides a ..
- Vidan S, Mitchell A. Stimulation of yeast meiotic gene expression by the glucose-repressible protein kinase Rim15p. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2688-97 pubmed..Glucose inhibits Ime1p-Ume6p interaction, and we find that Rim15p accumulation is repressed in glucose-grown cells. Thus, glucose repression of Rim15p may be responsible for glucose inhibition of Ime1p-Ume6p interaction. ..
- Rubin Bejerano I, Sagee S, Friedman O, Pnueli L, Kassir Y. The in vivo activity of Ime1, the key transcriptional activator of meiosis-specific genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is inhibited by the cyclic AMP/protein kinase A signal pathway through the glycogen synthase kinase 3-beta homolog Rim11. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:6967-79 pubmed..Similarly, the budding yeast homolog Rim11 is essential for the exit of diploid cells from the cell cycle and for entry into the meiotic developmental ..
- Kassir Y, Rubin Bejerano I, Mandel Gutfreund Y. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae GSK-3 beta homologs. Curr Drug Targets. 2006;7:1455-65 pubmedYeast cells carry four homologs of GSK-3beta, RIM11, MCK1, MRK1 and YGK3. The significant homologs are RIM11 and MCK1 that presumably arose from a recent genome duplication followed by a rapid divergence...
- Kleineidam A, Vavassori S, Wang K, Schweizer L, Griac P, Schweizer M. Valproic acid- and lithium-sensitivity in prs mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Soc Trans. 2009;37:1115-20 pubmed publisher..Yeast two-hybrid screening revealed that Prs3 and the yeast orthologue of GSK3 (glycogen synthase kinase 3), Rim11, a serine/threonine kinase involved in several signalling pathways, interact with each other...
- Mitchell A, Bowdish K. Selection for early meiotic mutants in yeast. Genetics. 1992;131:65-72 pubmed..Suppressors of IME1 toxicity include recessive mutations in two genes, RIM11 and RIM16 (Regulator of Inducer of Meiosis), that are required for IME1 to activate IME2 expression...
- Drechsler H, Tan A, Liakopoulos D. Yeast GSK-3 kinase regulates astral microtubule function through phosphorylation of the microtubule-stabilizing kinesin Kip2. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:3910-21 pubmed publisher..We propose that yeast GSK-3 spatially controls astral MT dynamics and the loading of dynein and Kar9 on astral MT plus ends by regulating Kip2 interactions with Bim1 and MTs. ..
- Demin A, Lee M, Lee C, Seo Y. GSK-3? Homolog Rim11 and the Histone Deacetylase Complex Ume6-Sin3-Rpd3 Are Involved in Replication Stress Response Caused by Defects in Dna2. Genetics. 2017;206:829-842 pubmed publisher..In this article, we identified Rim11, a GSK-3?-kinase homolog, as a multicopy suppressor of dna2 helicase-dead mutant (dna2-K1080E)...
- Malathi K, Xiao Y, Mitchell A. Catalytic roles of yeast GSK3beta/shaggy homolog Rim11p in meiotic activation. Genetics. 1999;153:1145-52 pubmed..Therefore, Ime1p and Rim11p have two genetically separable functions in the sporulation program. However, catalytic activity of Rim11p is required for sporulation in the presence or absence of Ume6p. ..