Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RIC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kishimoto T, Yamamoto T, Tanaka K. Defects in structural integrity of ergosterol and the Cdc50p-Drs2p putative phospholipid translocase cause accumulation of endocytic membranes, onto which actin patches are assembled in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5592-609 pubmed..Simultaneous loss of both phospholipid asymmetry and sterol structural integrity could lead to accumulation of endocytic intermediates capable of initiating assembly of actin patches in the cytoplasm. ..
- Georgiev A, Leipus A, Olsson I, Berrez J, Mutvei A. Characterization of MYR1, a dosage suppressor of YPT6 and RIC1 deficient mutants. Curr Genet. 2008;53:235-47 pubmed publisher..Among the suppressors, MYR1 was also able to suppress the temperature sensitive mutant lacking Ric1, a subunit of the Ypt6 guanine exchanging factor complex Ric1/Rgp1...
- Guo J, Polymenis M. Dcr2 targets Ire1 and downregulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1124-7 pubmed..Our results are consistent with de-phosphorylation of Ire1 being a mechanism for antagonizing UPR signalling. ..
- Yamamoto T, Fujimura Kamada K, Shioji E, Suzuki R, Tanaka K. Cfs1p, a Novel Membrane Protein in the PQ-Loop Family, Is Involved in Phospholipid Flippase Functions in Yeast. G3 (Bethesda). 2017;7:179-192 pubmed publisher..Cfs1p may thus be a novel regulator of phospholipid asymmetry. ..
- Lafourcade C, Galan J, Gloor Y, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Peter M. The GTPase-activating enzyme Gyp1p is required for recycling of internalized membrane material by inactivation of the Rab/Ypt GTPase Ypt1p. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3815-26 pubmed..Interestingly, the deletions of GYP1 and YPT6 were synthetic lethal, raising the possibility that at least two distinct pathways are involved in recycling of membrane material. ..
- Inadome H, Noda Y, Kamimura Y, Adachi H, Yoda K. Tvp38, Tvp23, Tvp18 and Tvp15: novel membrane proteins in the Tlg2-containing Golgi/endosome compartments of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:688-97 pubmed..Disruptions of tvp15 and tvp23 showed synthetic aggravation with ypt6 or ric1 null mutation...
- Kawamura S, Nagano M, Toshima J, Toshima J. Analysis of subcellular localization and function of the yeast Rab6 homologue, Ypt6p, using a novel amino-terminal tagging strategy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;450:519-25 pubmed publisher..b>Ric1p, a component of the specific GEF complex for Ypt6p, largely colocalized with Ypt6p in the early Golgi, and ..
- Bensen E, Costaguta G, Payne G. Synthetic genetic interactions with temperature-sensitive clathrin in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Roles for synaptojanin-like Inp53p and dynamin-related Vps1p in clathrin-dependent protein sorting at the trans-Golgi network. Genetics. 2000;154:83-97 pubmed..Also in the spectrum of mutants with TGN sorting defects are isolates with mutations in the following: RIC1, encoding a product originally proposed to participate in ribosome biogenesis; LUV1, encoding a product potentially ..