Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RHO2
Description: Rho family GTPase RHO2
Alias: Rho family GTPase RHO2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schmidt A, Bickle M, Beck T, Hall M. The yeast phosphatidylinositol kinase homolog TOR2 activates RHO1 and RHO2 via the exchange factor ROM2. Cell. 1997;88:531-42 pubmed..Overexpression of RHO1 or RHO2, encoding Rho-like GTPases, or ROM2, encoding a GDP/GTP exchange factor for RHO1 and RHO2, suppresses a tor2 ..
- Fadri M, Daquinag A, Wang S, Xue T, Kunz J. The pleckstrin homology domain proteins Slm1 and Slm2 are required for actin cytoskeleton organization in yeast and bind phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate and TORC2. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:1883-900 pubmed
- Zakrzewska E, Perron M, Laroche A, Pallotta D. A role for GEA1 and GEA2 in the organization of the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2003;165:985-95 pubmed..In this work, we demonstrate a role for Gea1p, Gea2p, and Arf3p in the organization of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Sinha H, Nicholson B, Steinmetz L, McCusker J. Complex genetic interactions in a quantitative trait locus. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e13 pubmed..In this work, we analyzed three Saccharomyces cerevisiae high-temperature growth (Htg) QTGs (MKT1, END3, and RHO2). We observed a high level of genetic interactions among QTGs and strain background...
- Gong T, Liao Y, He F, Yang Y, Yang D, Chen X, et al. Control of polarized growth by the Rho family GTPase Rho4 in budding yeast: requirement of the N-terminal extension of Rho4 and regulation by the Rho GTPase-activating protein Bem2. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:368-77 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of BEM2 aggravates the defects of rho3? rho4 mutants. These results suggest that Bem2 might be a novel GAP for Rho4. ..
- Petty E, Lafon A, Tomlinson S, Mendelsohn B, Pillus L. Promotion of Cell Viability and Histone Gene Expression by the Acetyltransferase Gcn5 and the Protein Phosphatase PP2A in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2016;203:1693-707 pubmed publisher..These data highlight the potential significance of dynamic phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of these deeply conserved histone residues for cell viability. ..
- Helliwell S, Howald I, Barbet N, Hall M. TOR2 is part of two related signaling pathways coordinating cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1998;148:99-112 pubmed..Overexpression of MSS4, PKC1, PLC1, RHO2, ROM2, or SUR1 suppressed the growth defect of a class A mutant...
- Madden K, Snyder M. Cell polarity and morphogenesis in budding yeast. Annu Rev Microbiol. 1998;52:687-744 pubmed..Since many of the components important for polarized cell growth are conserved in other organisms, the basic mechanisms mediating polarized cell growth are likely to be universal among eukaryotes. ..
- Doignon F, Weinachter C, Roumanie O, Crouzet M. The yeast Rgd1p is a GTPase activating protein of the Rho3 and rho4 proteins. FEBS Lett. 1999;459:458-62 pubmed..The present study allowed the identification of the first GAP of Rho3p and Rho4p. ..
- Qadota H, Ishii I, Fujiyama A, Ohya Y, Anraku Y. RHO gene products, putative small GTP-binding proteins, are important for activation of the CAL1/CDC43 gene product, a protein geranylgeranyltransferase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1992;8:735-41 pubmed..They are identical to the yeast RHO1 and RHO2 genes, which encode putative small GTP-binding proteins...
- Ozaki K, Tanaka K, Imamura H, Hihara T, Kameyama T, Nonaka H, et al. Rom1p and Rom2p are GDP/GTP exchange proteins (GEPs) for the Rho1p small GTP binding protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 1996;15:2196-207 pubmed..Moreover, the temperature-sensitive growth phenotype of deltarom2 was suppressed by overexpression of RHO1 or RHO2, but not of CDC42...
- Loewith R, Jacinto E, Wullschleger S, Lorberg A, Crespo J, Bonenfant D, et al. Two TOR complexes, only one of which is rapamycin sensitive, have distinct roles in cell growth control. Mol Cell. 2002;10:457-68 pubmed..Thus, the distinct TOR complexes account for the diversity, specificity, and selective rapamycin inhibition of TOR signaling. TORC1 and possibly TORC2 are conserved from yeast to man. ..
- Hirano H, Tanaka K, Ozaki K, Imamura H, Kohno H, Hihara T, et al. ROM7/BEM4 encodes a novel protein that interacts with the Rho1p small GTP-binding protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4396-403 pubmed..These results indicate that Bem4p is a novel protein directly interacting with Rho1p and is involved in the RHO1-mediated signaling pathway. ..
- Hosotani T, Koyama H, Uchino M, Miyakawa T, Tsuchiya E. PKC1, a protein kinase C homologue of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, participates in microtubule function through the yeast EB1 homologue, BIM1. Genes Cells. 2001;6:775-88 pubmed..These results suggest that Pkc1p plays a role which is relevant to microtubule functions and that this role is mediated by a hitherto unknown PKC signalling pathway and by Bim1p ..
- Desrivieres S, Cooke F, Parker P, Hall M. MSS4, a phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase required for organization of the actin cytoskeleton in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15787-93 pubmed..Overexpression of RHO2, encoding a Rho-type GTPase involved in regulation of the actin cytoskeleton, restores growth and polarized ..
- Manning B, Padmanabha R, Snyder M. The Rho-GEF Rom2p localizes to sites of polarized cell growth and participates in cytoskeletal functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:1829-44 pubmed..ROM2 and RHO2 were identified in a screen for high-copy number suppressors of cik1 delta, a mutant defective in microtubule-based ..
- Wang H, Jiang Y. The Tap42-protein phosphatase type 2A catalytic subunit complex is required for cell cycle-dependent distribution of actin in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3116-25 pubmed..perturb the interaction cause random distribution of actin during the cell cycle and that overexpression of the Rho2 GTPase suppresses the actin defects associated with the mutants...
- Mack D, Nishimura K, Dennehey B, Arbogast T, Parkinson J, Toh e A, et al. Identification of the bud emergence gene BEM4 and its interactions with rho-type GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4387-95 pubmed..Models for the role of Bem4p include that it serves as a chaperone or modulates the interaction of these GTPases with one or more of their targets or regulators. ..
- Andrews P, Stark M. Type 1 protein phosphatase is required for maintenance of cell wall integrity, morphogenesis and cell cycle progression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 3):507-20 pubmed..a glc7-10 dosage suppressor, extra copies of genes encoding upstream components of the Pkc1p pathway such as ROM2, RHO2, HCS77/WSC1/SLG1 and MID2 also suppressed glc7-10 effectively...
- Onishi M, Ko N, Nishihama R, Pringle J. Distinct roles of Rho1, Cdc42, and Cyk3 in septum formation and abscission during yeast cytokinesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:311-29 pubmed publisher..This work suggests a general role for the catalytically inactive transglutaminases of fungi and animals, some of which have previously been implicated in cytokinesis. ..
- Cardon C, Beck T, Hall M, Rutter J. PAS kinase promotes cell survival and growth through activation of Rho1. Sci Signal. 2012;5:ra9 pubmed publisher..This complex may integrate metabolic and signaling responses required for cell growth and survival in suboptimal conditions. ..