Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RGT1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Vallier L, Coons D, Bisson L, Carlson M. Altered regulatory responses to glucose are associated with a glucose transport defect in grr1 mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1994;136:1279-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that GRR1 and SNF3 affect glucose transport by distinct pathways. The mutation rgt1-1, a suppressor of snf3, restores both glucose transport and glucose repression to a grr1 mutant, but does not ..
- Kim J. DNA-binding properties of the yeast Rgt1 repressor. Biochimie. 2009;91:300-3 pubmed publisherThe yeast HXT (glucose transporter gene) repressor Rgt1 lacks a dimerization domain and thus appears to bind as a monomer to its consensus binding site sequence (5'-CGGANNA-3')...
- Polish J, Kim J, Johnston M. How the Rgt1 transcription factor of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is regulated by glucose. Genetics. 2005;169:583-94 pubmedb>Rgt1 is a transcription factor that regulates expression of HXT genes encoding glucose transporters in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Yang Z, Bisson L. The SKS1 protein kinase is a multicopy suppressor of the snf3 mutation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1996;12:1407-19 pubmed..The snf3 genomic suppressors, rgt1, RGT2 and ssn6, are also capable of suppressing snf3 associated growth defects in a strain lacking sks1.
- Erickson J, Johnston M. Suppressors reveal two classes of glucose repression genes in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1994;136:1271-8 pubmed..Mutations in SRG1 do not cross-suppress grr1 or hxk2 mutations. Conversely, suppressors of grr1 (rgt1) do not cross-suppress any other glucose repression mutation tested...
- Dlugai S, Hippler S, Wieczorke R, Boles E. Glucose-dependent and -independent signalling functions of the yeast glucose sensor Snf3. FEBS Lett. 2001;505:389-92 pubmed
- Johnston M. Feasting, fasting and fermenting. Glucose sensing in yeast and other cells. Trends Genet. 1999;15:29-33 pubmed..What we have learned about these glucose sensing and signaling mechanisms might shed light on how other cells sense and respond to glucose. ..
- Gancedo J, Flores C, Gancedo C. The repressor Rgt1 and the cAMP-dependent protein kinases control the expression of the SUC2 gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1850:1362-7 pubmed publisher..Although the repressor Rgt1 binds the SUC2 promoter in gel-shift assays, it has been reported that Rgt1 has only minimal effects on SUC2 ..
- Dembowski J, Ramesh M, McManus C, Woolford J. Identification of the binding site of Rlp7 on assembling 60S ribosomal subunits in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2013;19:1639-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that Rlp7 coevolved with these RNA elements to facilitate eukaryotic-specific functions in ribosome assembly and pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Roy A, Shin Y, Cho K, Kim J. Mth1 regulates the interaction between the Rgt1 repressor and the Ssn6-Tup1 corepressor complex by modulating PKA-dependent phosphorylation of Rgt1. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:1493-503 pubmed publisher..Expression of several glucose transporter (HXT) genes in yeast is repressed by the Rgt1 repressor, which recruits the glucose-responsive transcription factor Mth1 and the general corepressor complex Ssn6-..
- Ma H, Han B, Guaderrama M, Aslanian A, Yates J, Hunter T, et al. Psy2 targets the PP4 family phosphatase Pph3 to dephosphorylate Mth1 and repress glucose transporter gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:452-63 pubmed publisher..This activity is required for the timely dephosphorylation of the downstream transcriptional repressor Rgt1 upon glucose withdrawal, a critical event in the repression of HXT genes, which encode glucose transporters...
- Hazbun T, Fields S. A genome-wide screen for site-specific DNA-binding proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:538-43 pubmed..Three transcription factors, Mig1, Yer028c, and Rgt1, were found to be binding activities specific to the SUC2 UAS...
- Dietzel K, Ramakrishnan V, Murphy E, Bisson L. MTH1 and RGT1 demonstrate combined haploinsufficiency in regulation of the hexose transporter genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Genet. 2012;13:107 pubmed publisher..The snf3 null mutation phenotype is suppressed by the loss of either one of the downstream co-repressor proteins Rgt1p or Mth1p...
- Avram D, Bakalinsky A. Multicopy FZF1 (SUL1) suppresses the sulfite sensitivity but not the glucose derepression or aberrant cell morphology of a grr1 mutant of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;144:511-21 pubmed..The suppressor rgt1, which suppresses the growth defects of grr1 strains on glucose, did not fully suppress the sensitivity on glucose ..
- Marshall Carlson L, Neigeborn L, Coons D, Bisson L, Carlson M. Dominant and recessive suppressors that restore glucose transport in a yeast snf3 mutant. Genetics. 1991;128:505-12 pubmed..We recovered 38 recessive mutations that fall into a single complementation group, designated rgt1 (restores glucose transport). The rgt1 mutations suppress a snf3 null mutation and are not linked to snf3...