Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RFA1
Description: replication factor A subunit protein RFA1
Alias: BUF2, FUN3, RPA1, RPA70, replication factor A subunit protein RFA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mallory J, Bashkirov V, Trujillo K, Solinger J, Dominska M, Sung P, et al. Amino acid changes in Xrs2p, Dun1p, and Rfa2p that remove the preferred targets of the ATM family of protein kinases do not affect DNA repair or telomere length in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:1041-64 pubmed..As observed with Xrs2p, however, strains with mutations of DUN1 or RFA2 that eliminate SQ motifs have no effect on telomere length or DNA damage sensitivity. ..
- Kim H, Brill S. MEC1-dependent phosphorylation of yeast RPA1 in vitro. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:1321-35 pubmed..This phosphorylation site mapped to serine 178 and phosphorylation-defective mutant protein, expressed from rfa1-S178A, showed reduced physical interaction with Mec1...
- Brill S, Stillman B. Yeast replication factor-A functions in the unwinding of the SV40 origin of DNA replication. Nature. 1989;342:92-5 pubmed..Substitution of yRF-A in the complete SV40 replication system, however, results in reduced DNA replication, presumably due to a requirement for species-specific interactions between yeast RF-A and the DNA polymerase complex. ..
- Lee S, Moore J, Holmes A, Umezu K, Kolodner R, Haber J. Saccharomyces Ku70, mre11/rad50 and RPA proteins regulate adaptation to G2/M arrest after DNA damage. Cell. 1998;94:399-409 pubmed..We suggest that escape from the DNA damage-induced G2/M checkpoint depends on the extent of ssDNA created at broken chromosome ends. RPA appears to play a key intermediate step in this adaptation. ..
- Schramke V, Luciano P, Brevet V, Guillot S, Corda Y, Longhese M, et al. RPA regulates telomerase action by providing Est1p access to chromosome ends. Nat Genet. 2004;36:46-54 pubmed..We propose a model of in vivo telomerase action that involves synergistic action of RPA and Cdc13p at the G-rich 3' overhang of telomeric DNA. ..
- Kim H, Brill S. Rfc4 interacts with Rpa1 and is required for both DNA replication and DNA damage checkpoints in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3725-37 pubmed..factor C (RFC), was found to display allele-specific interactions with mutations in the gene encoding Rpa1 (RFA1)...
- Firmenich A, Elias Arnanz M, Berg P. A novel allele of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RFA1 that is deficient in recombination and repair and suppressible by RAD52. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1620-31 pubmed..Besides isolating a number of new alleles in known rad genes, we identified a novel allele of the RFA1 gene, rfa1-44, which encodes the large subunit of the heterotrimeric yeast single-stranded DNA-binding protein RPA...
- Smith J, Rothstein R. An allele of RFA1 suppresses RAD52-dependent double-strand break repair in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1999;151:447-58 pubmedAn allele of RFA1, the largest subunit of the single-stranded DNA-binding complex RP-A, was identified as a suppressor of decreased direct-repeat recombination in rad1 rad52 double mutants...
- Smith J, Rothstein R. A mutation in the gene encoding the Saccharomyces cerevisiae single-stranded DNA-binding protein Rfa1 stimulates a RAD52-independent pathway for direct-repeat recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1632-41 pubmed..cerevisiae to humans. The rfa1 mutation on its own causes a 15-fold increase in direct-repeat recombination...
- Lisby M, Barlow J, Burgess R, Rothstein R. Choreography of the DNA damage response: spatiotemporal relationships among checkpoint and repair proteins. Cell. 2004;118:699-713 pubmed..The Mre11 nuclease and the ATM-related Tel1 kinase are the first proteins detected at DSBs. Next, the Rfa1 single-strand DNA binding protein relocalizes to the break and recruits other key checkpoint proteins...
- Bastin Shanower S, Brill S. Functional analysis of the four DNA binding domains of replication protein A. The role of RPA2 in ssDNA binding. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36446-53 pubmed..ssDNA)-binding protein of eukaryotes, contains four ssDNA binding domains (DBDs) within its two largest subunits, RPA1 and RPA2...
- Solinger J, Lutz G, Sugiyama T, Kowalczykowski S, Heyer W. Rad54 protein stimulates heteroduplex DNA formation in the synaptic phase of DNA strand exchange via specific interactions with the presynaptic Rad51 nucleoprotein filament. J Mol Biol. 2001;307:1207-21 pubmed..We conclude that Rad54 protein acts during the synaptic phase of DNA strand exchange and after the formation of presynaptic Rad51 protein-ssDNA filaments. ..
- Longhese M, Plevani P, Lucchini G. Replication factor A is required in vivo for DNA replication, repair, and recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7884-90 pubmed..step to define functions and interactions of RF-A in vivo, we have produced and characterized mutations in the RFA1 gene, encoding the p70 subunit of the complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Hays S, Firmenich A, Massey P, Banerjee R, Berg P. Studies of the interaction between Rad52 protein and the yeast single-stranded DNA binding protein RPA. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4400-6 pubmedThe RFA1 gene encodes the large subunit of the yeast trimeric single-stranded DNA binding protein replication protein A (RPA), which is known to play a critical role in DNA replication...
- Chen H, Lisby M, Symington L. RPA coordinates DNA end resection and prevents formation of DNA hairpins. Mol Cell. 2013;50:589-600 pubmed publisher..Thus, RPA is required to generate ssDNA, and also to protect ssDNA from degradation and inappropriate annealing that could lead to genome rearrangements. ..
- Cejka P, Cannavo E, Polaczek P, Masuda Sasa T, Pokharel S, Campbell J, et al. DNA end resection by Dna2-Sgs1-RPA and its stimulation by Top3-Rmi1 and Mre11-Rad50-Xrs2. Nature. 2010;467:112-6 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Top3-Rmi1 and MRX are important for recruitment of the Sgs1-Dna2 complex to DSBs. Our experiments provide a mechanistic framework for understanding the initial steps of recombinational DNA repair in eukaryotes. ..
- Soustelle C, Vedel M, Kolodner R, Nicolas A. Replication protein A is required for meiotic recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2002;161:535-47 pubmed..two missense mutations affecting the largest subunit of RPA, which are localized in the protein interaction domain (rfa1-t11) and in the DNA-binding domain (rfa1-t48)...
- Psakhye I, Jentsch S. Protein group modification and synergy in the SUMO pathway as exemplified in DNA repair. Cell. 2012;151:807-820 pubmed publisher..We propose that SUMOylation may thus often target a protein group rather than individual proteins, whereas localized modification enzymes and highly specific triggers ensure specificity. ..
- Wang X, Haber J. Role of Saccharomyces single-stranded DNA-binding protein RPA in the strand invasion step of double-strand break repair. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E21 pubmed..The replication-proficient but recombination-defective rfa1-t11 (K45E) mutation in the large subunit of RPA is normal in facilitating Rad51 filament formation on ssDNA, but is ..
- Longhese M, Fraschini R, Plevani P, Lucchini G. Yeast pip3/mec3 mutants fail to delay entry into S phase and to slow DNA replication in response to DNA damage, and they define a functional link between Mec3 and DNA primase. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3235-44 pubmed
- Ruff P, Donnianni R, Glancy E, Oh J, Symington L. RPA Stabilization of Single-Stranded DNA Is Critical for Break-Induced Replication. Cell Rep. 2016;17:3359-3368 pubmed publisher..We found that hypomorphic mutants of RFA1 that support intra-chromosomal homologous recombination are profoundly defective for repair processes involving ..
- Kumar S, Burgers P. Lagging strand maturation factor Dna2 is a component of the replication checkpoint initiation machinery. Genes Dev. 2013;27:313-21 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae Ddc1-Mec3-Rad17 and human Rad9-Rad1-Hus1) and Dpb11, the ortholog of human TopBP1. A triple mutant that eliminates the checkpoint functions of all three initiators abrogates the Mec1-dependent checkpoint. ..
- Smith J, Zou H, Rothstein R. Characterization of genetic interactions with RFA1: the role of RPA in DNA replication and telomere maintenance. Biochimie. 2000;82:71-8 pubmed..In our laboratory, we have previously isolated a missense allele of the RFA1 gene, encoding the p70 subunit of the RPA complex...
- Froelich C, Kang S, Epling L, Bell S, Enemark E. A conserved MCM single-stranded DNA binding element is essential for replication initiation. elife. 2014;3:e01993 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an important MCM-ssDNA interaction and suggest it functions during helicase activation to select the strand for translocation. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01993.001...
- Deng S, Gibb B, de Almeida M, Greene E, Symington L. RPA antagonizes microhomology-mediated repair of DNA double-strand breaks. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:405-12 pubmed publisher..The frequency of MMEJ increased by up to 350-fold in rfa1 hypomorphic mutants, suggesting that replication protein A (RPA) bound to the single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) overhangs ..
- Kemmerich F, Daldrop P, Pinto C, Levikova M, Cejka P, Seidel R. Force regulated dynamics of RPA on a DNA fork. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:5837-48 pubmed publisher..However, in contrast to yeast RPA, the dissociation of human RPA from ssDNA is greatly reduced at low Mg(2+) concentrations, such that human RPA can melt DNA in absence of force. ..
- Liang D, Burkhart S, Singh R, Kabbaj M, Gunjan A. Histone dosage regulates DNA damage sensitivity in a checkpoint-independent manner by the homologous recombination pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9604-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings may have important implications for DNA repair, genomic stability, carcinogenesis and aging in human cells that have dozens of histone genes. ..
- Banerjee S, Myung K. Increased genome instability and telomere length in the elg1-deficient Saccharomyces cerevisiae mutant are regulated by S-phase checkpoints. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:1557-66 pubmed
- Pérez Arnaiz P, Kaplan D. An Mcm10 Mutant Defective in ssDNA Binding Shows Defects in DNA Replication Initiation. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:4608-4625 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that DNA binding by Mcm10 is essential for the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Pérez Arnaiz P, Bruck I, Colbert M, Kaplan D. An intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly and the recruitment of Pol-? to Mcm2-7. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7261-7275 pubmed publisher..We also detected diminished GINS and pol-? recruitment to the Mcm2-7 complex. We conclude that an intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly, and the recruitment of pol ? to Mcm2-7. ..
- Xue Y, Rushton M, Maringele L. A novel checkpoint and RPA inhibitory pathway regulated by Rif1. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002417 pubmed publisher..Our work has important implications for understanding the checkpoint and RPA-dependent DNA-damage responses in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Yoshida K, Blobel G. The karyopherin Kap142p/Msn5p mediates nuclear import and nuclear export of different cargo proteins. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:729-40 pubmed..K., Y. Wang, F.W. Farley, and E.A. Elion. 1999. Cell. 98:501-512) our data indicate that the karyopherin Kap142p is able to mediate nuclear import of one set of proteins and nuclear export of a different set of proteins. ..
- He Z, Wong J, Maniar H, Brill S, Ingles C. Assessing the requirements for nucleotide excision repair proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae in an in vitro system. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28243-9 pubmed..These data indicate that Rpa is an essential component of the NER machinery in S. cerevisiae as it is in mammalian cells. ..
- Philipova D, Mullen J, Maniar H, Lu J, Gu C, Brill S. A hierarchy of SSB protomers in replication protein A. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2222-33 pubmed..coli SSB. The results are consistent with the notion that RPA arose by duplication of an ancestral SSB gene and that tetrameric ssDNA-binding domains and higher order binding are essential features of cellular SSBs. ..
- Ghospurkar P, Wilson T, Liu S, Herauf A, Steffes J, Mueller E, et al. Phosphorylation and cellular function of the human Rpa2 N-terminus in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Exp Cell Res. 2015;331:183-99 pubmed publisher..The implication is that budding yeast represents a potential model system for studying not only human Rpa2 N-terminal phosphorylation, but also phosphorylation of Rpa2 N-termini from other eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Zou L, Stillman B. Assembly of a complex containing Cdc45p, replication protein A, and Mcm2p at replication origins controlled by S-phase cyclin-dependent kinases and Cdc7p-Dbf4p kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:3086-96 pubmed..These results suggest that the complex containing Cdc45p, RPA, and MCMs is involved in origin unwinding and assembly of replication forks at each origin. ..
- Singh K, Samson L. Replication protein A binds to regulatory elements in yeast DNA repair and DNA metabolism genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4907-11 pubmed..These results lead us to hypothesize that Rpa may be involved in the regulation of a number of DNA repair and DNA metabolism genes. ..
- Debrauwere H, Loeillet S, Lin W, Lopes J, Nicolas A. Links between replication and recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a hypersensitive requirement for homologous recombination in the absence of Rad27 activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:8263-9 pubmed..This and previous studies indicate that homologous recombination is the primary, but not only, pathway that functions to bypass the replication defects that arise in the absence of the Rad27 protein. ..
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Mott C, Symington L. RAD51-independent inverted-repeat recombination by a strand-annealing mechanism. DNA Repair (Amst). 2011;10:408-15 pubmed publisher..by showing suppression of the rad52?, rad51? rad52? and rad52? rad59? inverted-repeat recombination defects by the rfa1-D228Y mutation...
- Kanoh Y, Tamai K, Shirahige K. Different requirements for the association of ATR-ATRIP and 9-1-1 to the stalled replication forks. Gene. 2006;377:88-95 pubmed..Here we use a mutant of rpa1 gene, rfa1-t11, that has defects in recruiting checkpoint sensor proteins to the site of double strand break, to examine the ..
- Bruck I, Dhingra N, Martinez M, Kaplan D. Dpb11 may function with RPA and DNA to initiate DNA replication. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177147 pubmed publisher..We also propose an alternative model, wherein Dpb11-DNA interaction is required for some other function in DNA replication initiation, such as helicase activation. ..
- Manfrini N, Trovesi C, Wery M, Martina M, Cesena D, Descrimes M, et al. RNA-processing proteins regulate Mec1/ATR activation by promoting generation of RPA-coated ssDNA. EMBO Rep. 2015;16:221-31 pubmed publisher..Noteworthy, deep transcriptome analyses do not identify common misregulated gene expression that could explain the observed phenotypes. Our results provide a novel link between RNA processing and genome stability. ..
- Davies A, Huttner D, Daigaku Y, Chen S, Ulrich H. Activation of ubiquitin-dependent DNA damage bypass is mediated by replication protein a. Mol Cell. 2008;29:625-36 pubmed publisher..Association of the ligase with chromatin is detected where RPA is most abundant, and purified RPA can recruit Rad18 to ssDNA in vitro. Our results therefore implicate the RPA complex in the activation of DNA damage tolerance. ..
- Sikorski T, Ficarro S, Holik J, Kim T, Rando O, Marto J, et al. Sub1 and RPA associate with RNA polymerase II at different stages of transcription. Mol Cell. 2011;44:397-409 pubmed publisher..b>RFA1 interacts genetically with transcription elongation factor genes...
- Park C, Lee J, Choi B. Solution structure of the DNA-binding domain of RPA from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its interaction with single-stranded DNA and SV40 T antigen. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:4172-81 pubmed..Our results provide insight into how these two homologous RPA proteins can exhibit functional differences, but still both retain their ability to bind ssDNA. ..
- Sundin B, Chiu C, Riffle M, Davis T, Muller E. Localization of proteins that are coordinately expressed with Cln2 during the cell cycle. Yeast. 2004;21:793-800 pubmed..A complete list of localizations, along with images, can be found at our website (http://www.yeastrc.org/cln2/). ..
- Lee S, Pellicioli A, Vaze M, Sugawara N, Malkova A, Foiani M, et al. Yeast Rad52 and Rad51 recombination proteins define a second pathway of DNA damage assessment in response to a single double-strand break. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8913-23 pubmed..An rfa1-t11 mutation in the ssDNA binding complex RPA partially restores adaptation in rad51Delta mutants and fully ..
- Au T, Rodriguez J, Vincent J, Tsukiyama T. ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling factors tune S phase checkpoint activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4454-63 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that Isw2 and Ino80 are targeted to stalled replication forks via RPA and directly control the amplitude of S phase checkpoint activity and the subsequent deactivation process. ..
- Luciano P, Coulon S, Faure V, Corda Y, Bos J, Brill S, et al. RPA facilitates telomerase activity at chromosome ends in budding and fission yeasts. EMBO J. 2012;31:2034-46 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a mutation in Rfa1 that affects both the interaction with yKu and telomerase reduces the dramatic increase in telomere length of a ..
- Belanger K, Griffith A, Baker H, Hansen J, Kovacs L, Seconi J, et al. The karyopherin Kap95 and the C-termini of Rfa1, Rfa2, and Rfa3 are necessary for efficient nuclear import of functional RPA complex proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. DNA Cell Biol. 2011;30:641-51 pubmed publisher..Replication protein A (RPA) is a nuclear protein comprised of three subunits (termed Rfa1, Rfa2, and Rfa3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae) that binds single-stranded DNA and is essential for DNA replication, ..
- Khadaroo B, Teixeira M, Luciano P, Eckert Boulet N, Germann S, Simon M, et al. The DNA damage response at eroded telomeres and tethering to the nuclear pore complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:980-7 pubmed publisher..Our results link the DNA damage response at eroded telomeres to changes in subnuclear localization and suggest the existence of collapsed replication forks at eroded telomeres. ..
- Deng S, Yin Y, Petes T, Symington L. Mre11-Sae2 and RPA Collaborate to Prevent Palindromic Gene Amplification. Mol Cell. 2015;60:500-8 pubmed publisher..We propose secondary structures within single-stranded DNA are potent instigators of genome instability, and RPA and Mre11-Sae2 play important roles in preventing their formation and propagation, respectively. ..
- Navadgi Patil V, Burgers P. Yeast DNA replication protein Dpb11 activates the Mec1/ATR checkpoint kinase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35853-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that Dpb11 and 9-1-1 may partially compensate for each other during yeast checkpoint function. ..
- Van Komen S, Petukhova G, Sigurdsson S, Sung P. Functional cross-talk among Rad51, Rad54, and replication protein A in heteroduplex DNA joint formation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43578-87 pubmed..These results thus shed light on the function of Rad54 in the Rad51-mediated homologous DNA pairing reaction and also reveal a novel role of RPA in the presynaptic stage of this reaction. ..
- Muramatsu S, Hirai K, Tak Y, Kamimura Y, Araki H. CDK-dependent complex formation between replication proteins Dpb11, Sld2, Pol (epsilon}, and GINS in budding yeast. Genes Dev. 2010;24:602-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that CDK regulates the initiation of DNA replication in budding yeast through formation of the pre-LC. ..
- Grandin N, Charbonneau M. RPA provides checkpoint-independent cell cycle arrest and prevents recombination at uncapped telomeres of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. DNA Repair (Amst). 2013;12:212-26 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe rfa1 mutants (rfa1-1, rfa1-9, rfa1-10, rfa1-11 and rfa1-12) that are proficient in this checkpoint but nevertheless ..
- Cejka P, Plank J, Dombrowski C, Kowalczykowski S. Decatenation of DNA by the S. cerevisiae Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1 and RPA complex: a mechanism for disentangling chromosomes. Mol Cell. 2012;47:886-96 pubmed publisher..This concerted activity of the Sgs1-Top3-Rmi1-RPA represents an important mechanism for disentangling structures resulting from the topological features of duplex DNA...
- Huttner D, Ulrich H. Cooperation of replication protein A with the ubiquitin ligase Rad18 in DNA damage bypass. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3629-33 pubmed..Here we have examined in more detail the interactions between Rad18, RPA and DNA and discuss their contribution to the activation of DNA damage bypass. ..
- Grandin N, Charbonneau M. Control of the yeast telomeric senescence survival pathways of recombination by the Mec1 and Mec3 DNA damage sensors and RPA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:822-38 pubmed..b>rfa1-t11 mutant cells, bearing a mutation in Replication Protein A (RPA) conferring a defect in recruiting Mec1-Ddc2, ..
- Nakada D, Hirano Y, Tanaka Y, Sugimoto K. Role of the C terminus of Mec1 checkpoint kinase in its localization to sites of DNA damage. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5227-35 pubmed..To identify proteins interacting with the Mec1-Ddc2 complex, we performed a modified two-hybrid screen and isolated RFA1 and RFA2, genes that encode subunits of replication protein A (RPA)...
- Silva S, Altmannova V, Luke Glaser S, Henriksen P, Gallina I, Yang X, et al. Mte1 interacts with Mph1 and promotes crossover recombination and telomere maintenance. Genes Dev. 2016;30:700-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that Mte1 plays a role in regulation of crossover recombination, response to replication stress, and telomere maintenance. ..
- Myung K, Smith S, Kolodner R. Mitotic checkpoint function in the formation of gross chromosomal rearrangements in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:15980-5 pubmed..These data suggest that functional mitotic checkpoints can play a role in the formation of genome rearrangements. ..
- McCulloch S, Wood A, Garg P, Burgers P, Kunkel T. Effects of accessory proteins on the bypass of a cis-syn thymine-thymine dimer by Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase eta. Biochemistry. 2007;46:8888-96 pubmed..Thus, although accessory proteins clearly participate in pol eta functions in vivo, they do not appear to help suppress UV mutagenesis by improving pol eta bypass fidelity per se. ..
- Deshpande I, Seeber A, Shimada K, Keusch J, Gut H, Gasser S. Structural Basis of Mec1-Ddc2-RPA Assembly and Activation on Single-Stranded DNA at Sites of Damage. Mol Cell. 2017;68:431-445.e5 pubmed publisher..High-resolution co-crystal structures of Ddc2-Rfa1 and Ddc2-Rfa1-t11 (K45E mutant) N termini and of the Ddc2 coiled-coil domain (CCD) provide insight into Mec1-Ddc2 ..
- Levikova M, Cejka P. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dna2 can function as a sole nuclease in the processing of Okazaki fragments in DNA replication. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:7888-97 pubmed publisher..Our results argue that Dna2 can function in a separate, rather than in a Fen1-dependent pathway. ..
- Ghospurkar P, Wilson T, Severson A, Klein S, Khaku S, Walther A, et al. The DNA damage response and checkpoint adaptation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: distinct roles for the replication protein A2 (Rfa2) N-terminus. Genetics. 2015;199:711-27 pubmed publisher..Finally, an Rfa2 N-terminal hyperphosphorylation-mimetic mutant behaves similarly to another Rfa1 mutant (rfa1-t11) with respect to genetic interactions, DNA-damage sensitivity, and checkpoint adaptation...
- Chung I, Zhao X. DNA break-induced sumoylation is enabled by collaboration between a SUMO ligase and the ssDNA-binding complex RPA. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1593-8 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a molecular basis for recruiting SUMO ligases to the vicinity of their substrates to induce sumoylation upon DNA damage. ..
- Banerjee S, Smith S, Oum J, Liaw H, Hwang J, Sikdar N, et al. Mph1p promotes gross chromosomal rearrangement through partial inhibition of homologous recombination. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:1083-93 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, spontaneous RPA foci at DSBs are destabilized by the mph1Delta mutation. Therefore, Mph1p promotes GCR formation by partially suppressing HR, likely through its interaction with RPA. ..