Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RET2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Golgi-to-endoplasmic reticulum (ER) retrograde traffic in yeast requires Dsl1p, a component of the ER target site that interacts with a COPI coat subunitB A Reilly
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:3783-96. 2001..Last, we show that Dsl1p interacts with the delta-subunit of the retrograde COPI coat, Ret2p, and discuss possible roles for this interaction...
- COP I domains required for coatomer integrity, and novel interactions with ARF and ARF-GAPA Eugster
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
EMBO J 19:3905-17. 2000..Glo3p also interacts with intact coatomer in vitro...
- Architecture of coatomer: molecular characterization of delta-COP and protein interactions within the complexD Faulstich
Institut fur Biochemie I, Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 135:53-61. 1996..We propose that these interactions reflect in vivo associations of those subunits and thus play a functional role in the assembly of coatomer and/or serve to maintain the molecular architecture of the complex...
- Ypt11 functions in bud-directed transport of the Golgi by linking Myo2 to the coatomer subunit Ret2Seisuke Arai
Department of Biotechnology, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Curr Biol 18:987-91. 2008..Here, we report that Ypt11, a Rab GTPase that reportedly interacts with Myo2, binds to Ret2, a subunit of the coatomer complex...
- Novel cargo-binding site in the beta and delta subunits of coatomerKai Michelsen
Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 282, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Cell Biol 179:209-17. 2007..A homology model of the COPI trunk domain illustrates the recognition of R-based signals by COPI...
- Dsl1p, an essential component of the Golgi-endoplasmic reticulum retrieval system in yeast, uses the same sequence motif to interact with different subunits of the COPI vesicle coatUwe Andag
Department of Molecular Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, D 37070 Goettingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:51722-34. 2003..They interact with different layers of the vesicle coat by using tandemly arranged sequence motifs, some of which have dual specificity...
- ARF-GAP-mediated interaction between the ER-Golgi v-SNAREs and the COPI coatUlrike Rein
Friedrich Miescher Laboratory, Max Planck Society, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Cell Biol 157:395-404. 2002..The mechanisms by which v-SNAREs interact with COPI and COPII coat proteins seem to be different and may play a key role in determining specificity in vesicle budding...
- Delta- and zeta-COP, two coatomer subunits homologous to clathrin-associated proteins, are involved in ER retrievalP Cosson
Basel Institute for Immunology, Switzerland
EMBO J 15:1792-8. 1996..While both ret2-1 and ret3-1 were defective for ER retrieval, only ret2-1 exhibited a defect in forward ER-to-Golgi transport at ..
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae early secretion mutant tip20 is synthetic lethal with mutants in yeast coatomer and the SNARE proteins Sec22p and Ufe1pG Frigerio
Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
Yeast 14:633-46. 1998..temperature-sensitive tip20 mutants are shown to be lethal in combination with ufe1-1, a target SNARE of the ER and ret2-1, yeast delta-COP...
- Signal-mediated dynamic retention of glycosyltransferases in the GolgiLinna Tu
Department of Biology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region SAR of the People s Republic of China
Science 321:404-7. 2008..We propose that Vps74p maintains the steady-state localization of Golgi glycosyltransferases dynamically, by promoting their incorporation into COPI-coated vesicles...
- Alpha-COP can discriminate between distinct, functional di-lysine signals in vitro and regulates access into retrograde transportS Schröder Köhne
Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, D 37070 Gottingen, Germany
J Cell Sci 111:3459-70. 1998..Therefore, the retrograde transport of Emp47p displayed a differential requirement for individual coatomer subunits and a special role of alpha-COP for a particular transport step in vivo...