Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RET2
Description: coatomer subunit delta
Alias: coatomer subunit delta
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tu L, Tai W, Chen L, Banfield D. Signal-mediated dynamic retention of glycosyltransferases in the Golgi. Science. 2008;321:404-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vps74p maintains the steady-state localization of Golgi glycosyltransferases dynamically, by promoting their incorporation into COPI-coated vesicles. ..
- Yip C, Walz T. Molecular structure and flexibility of the yeast coatomer as revealed by electron microscopy. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:825-31 pubmed publisher..Our analyses provide the first three-dimensional picture of the complete coatomer and reveal substantial conformational flexibility likely to be critical for its scaffolding function. ..
- Hirata R, Nihei C, Nakano A. Isoform-selective oligomer formation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae p24 family proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37057-70 pubmed publisher..This complex was mainly localized to the Golgi, whereas the p24 complex containing Erv25, instead of Rrt6 but otherwise with the same isoform composition, was found mostly in the ER...
- Kim D, Massey T, Sacher M, Pypaert M, Ferro Novick S. Sgf1p, a new component of the Sec34p/Sec35p complex. Traffic. 2001;2:820-30 pubmed..Although an earlier study suggested that Sec34p (Grd20p) is not required for protein secretion, we show here that the sec34-2 and sec35-1 mutations lead to a pleiotropic block in the secretion of all proteins into the growth medium. ..
- Andag U, Schmitt H. Dsl1p, an essential component of the Golgi-endoplasmic reticulum retrieval system in yeast, uses the same sequence motif to interact with different subunits of the COPI vesicle coat. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:51722-34 pubmed..They interact with different layers of the vesicle coat by using tandemly arranged sequence motifs, some of which have dual specificity. ..
- Arai S, Noda Y, Kainuma S, Wada I, Yoda K. Ypt11 functions in bud-directed transport of the Golgi by linking Myo2 to the coatomer subunit Ret2. Curr Biol. 2008;18:987-91 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Ypt11, a Rab GTPase that reportedly interacts with Myo2, binds to Ret2, a subunit of the coatomer complex...