Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RET1
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase III core subunit RET1
Alias: PDS2, RPC128, RPC2, DNA-directed RNA polymerase III core subunit RET1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ruprich Robert G, Wery M, Després D, Boulard Y, Thuriaux P. Crucial role of a dicarboxylic motif in the catalytic center of yeast RNA polymerases. Curr Genet. 2011;57:327-34 pubmed publisher..RNA polymerase II and III contains an acidic loop borne by their second largest subunit (Rpb2-(832)GYNQED(837), Rpc128-(764)GYDIED(769)) and highly conserved in all cellular and viral DNA-dependent RNA polymerases...
- Luo Z, Gallwitz D. Biochemical and genetic evidence for the involvement of yeast Ypt6-GTPase in protein retrieval to different Golgi compartments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:791-9 pubmed..The results obtained indicate that Ypt6p acts in endosome-to-Golgi, in intra-Golgi retrograde transport, and possibly also in Golgi-to-ER trafficking. ..
- Flores A, Briand J, Gadal O, Andrau J, Rubbi L, Van Mullem V, et al. A protein-protein interaction map of yeast RNA polymerase III. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:7815-20 pubmed..Together with parallel interaction studies based on dosage-dependent suppression of conditional mutants, our data suggest a model of the pol III preinitiation complex. ..
- Huet J, Riva M, Sentenac A, Fromageot P. Yeast RNA polymerase C and its subunits. Specific antibodies as structural and functional probes. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15304-10 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the participation of these polypeptides to the active enzyme molecule, and of their possible role in DNA binding or transcription factor recognition. ..
- Wu C, Lin Y, Chen H. The TFIIF-like Rpc37/53 dimer lies at the center of a protein network to connect TFIIIC, Bdp1, and the RNA polymerase III active center. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2715-28 pubmed publisher..By incorporating the photoreactive amino acid p-benzoyl-L-phenylalanine (BPA) into Rpc37, Rpc53, and the Rpc2 subunit of Pol III, we mapped protein-protein interactions, revealing the position of Rpc37/53 within the Pol III ..
- Briggs M, Butler J. RNA polymerase III defects suppress a conditional-lethal poly(A) polymerase mutation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1996;143:1149-61 pubmed..Molecular cloning shows PDS2 to be allelic to RET1, which encodes the second-largest subunit of RNA polymerase III...
- Hu H, Wu C, Lee J, Chen H. A Region of Bdp1 Necessary for Transcription Initiation That Is Located within the RNA Polymerase III Active Site Cleft. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2831-40 pubmed publisher..With our functional data, our analyses identified an essential region of Bdp1 that is positioned within the active site cleft of Pol III and necessary for transcription initiation. ..
- James P, Hall B. ret1-1, a yeast mutant affecting transcription termination by RNA polymerase III. Genetics. 1990;125:293-303 pubmed..The ret1-1 mutation arose in conjunction with multiple rare events, including uninduced sporulation, gene amplification, and ..
- Cieśla M, Towpik J, Graczyk D, Oficjalska Pham D, Harismendy O, Suleau A, et al. Maf1 is involved in coupling carbon metabolism to RNA polymerase III transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7693-702 pubmed..Moreover, in cells grown in a nonfermentable carbon source, Maf1 regulates the levels of different tRNAs to various extents. The differences in regulation may contribute to the physiological role of Maf1. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that a missense cold-sensitive mutation, rpc128-1007, in the sequence encoding the C-terminal part of the second largest Pol III subunit, C128, affects the ..