Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: QCR2
Description: ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit 2
Alias: COR2, UCR2, ubiquinol--cytochrome-c reductase subunit 2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mick D, Wagner K, van der Laan M, Frazier A, Perschil I, Pawlas M, et al. Shy1 couples Cox1 translational regulation to cytochrome c oxidase assembly. EMBO J. 2007;26:4347-58 pubmed..We suggest that Shy1 links Cox1 translational regulation to complex IV assembly and supercomplex formation. ..
- Dienhart M, Stuart R. The yeast Aac2 protein exists in physical association with the cytochrome bc1-COX supercomplex and the TIM23 machinery. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:3934-43 pubmed publisher..The physiological implications of the association of AAC with the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-TIM23 supercomplex are also discussed. ..
- van der Laan M, Wiedemann N, Mick D, Guiard B, Rehling P, Pfanner N. A role for Tim21 in membrane-potential-dependent preprotein sorting in mitochondria. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2271-6 pubmed..These findings suggest a new coupling mechanism in an energy-transducing membrane. ..
- Strogolova V, Furness A, Robb McGrath M, Garlich J, Stuart R. Rcf1 and Rcf2, members of the hypoxia-induced gene 1 protein family, are critical components of the mitochondrial cytochrome bc1-cytochrome c oxidase supercomplex. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1363-73 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we propose a model where the Hig1 proteins regulate the COX enzyme activity through Cox3 and associated Cox12 protein, in a manner that may be influenced by the neighboring AAC proteins. ..
- Stuart R. Chapter 11 Supercomplex organization of the yeast respiratory chain complexes and the ADP/ATP carrier proteins. Methods Enzymol. 2009;456:191-208 pubmed publisher..The method used to analyze the cytochrome bc(1)-COX-AAC supercomplex and to affinity purify the Aac2 isoform and its associating proteins from S. cerevisiae mitochondria will be outlined in this chapter. ..
- Buttner S, Ruli D, Vögtle F, Galluzzi L, Moitzi B, Eisenberg T, et al. A yeast BH3-only protein mediates the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. EMBO J. 2011;30:2779-92 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast genome encodes a functional BH3 domain that induces cell death through phylogenetically conserved mechanisms. ..
- Conte A, Papa B, Ferramosca A, Zara V. The dimerization of the yeast cytochrome bc1 complex is an early event and is independent of Rip1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:987-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, a new model of cytochrome bc1 complex assembly, in which distinct intermediates sequentially interact during bc1 maturation, has been proposed. ..