Gene Symbol: PYC1
Description: pyruvate carboxylase 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Yeast pyruvate carboxylase: identification of two genes encoding isoenzymesM E Walker
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, South Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 176:1210-7. 1991..We have mapped the genes encoding both enzymes and shown the previously characterised gene, designated PYC1, to be on chromosome VII whilst PYC2 is on chromosome II.
- Localization and kinetics of pyruvate-metabolizing enzymes in relation to aerobic alcoholic fermentation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae CBS 8066 and Candida utilis CBS 621H van Urk
Department of Microbiology and Enzymology, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 992:78-86. 1989..Rather, a high glycolytic flux and a high level of this enzyme are decisive for the occurrence of alcoholic fermentation after transfer of cells from glucose limitation to glucose excess...
- Regulation of pyruvate carboxylase isozyme (PYC1, PYC2) gene expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae during fermentative and nonfermentative growthN K Brewster
Department of Biochemistry, University of Adelaide, Australia
Arch Biochem Biophys 311:62-71. 1994..cerevisiae there are two isoenzymes of pyruvate carboxylase (Pyc) encoded by separate genes, designated PYC1 and PYC2...
- A mutation affecting carbon catabolite repression suppresses growth defects in pyruvate carboxylase mutants from Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM A Blazquez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas del C S I C, Unidad de Bioquímica y Genética de Levaduras, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 377:197-200. 1995Yeasts with disruptions in the genes PYC1 and PYC2 encoding the isoenzymes of pyruvate carboxylase cannot grow in a glucose-ammonium medium (Stucka et al. (1991) Mol. Gen. Genet. 229, 307-315)...
- Conserved Glu40 and Glu433 of the biotin carboxylase domain of yeast pyruvate carboxylase I isoenzyme are essential for the association of tetramersSarawut Jitrapakdee
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:2120-34. 2007..To identify this domain we co-expressed yeast pyruvate carboxylase 1 isozyme (Pyc1) with an N-terminal myc tag, together with constructs encoding either the biotin carboxylase (BC) domain or the ..
- Location of three key enzymes of gluconeogenesis in baker's yeastS Haarasilta
Arch Microbiol 113:159-61. 1977..On the evidence obtained from zonal separations these three enzymes of gluconeogenesis are most probably located in the soluble cytosol...