Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PUF3
Description: mRNA-binding protein PUF3
Alias: mRNA-binding protein PUF3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ulbricht R, Olivas W. Puf1p acts in combination with other yeast Puf proteins to control mRNA stability. RNA. 2008;14:246-62 pubmed
- Lee D, Ohn T, Chiang Y, Quigley G, Yao G, Liu Y, et al. PUF3 acceleration of deadenylation in vivo can operate independently of CCR4 activity, possibly involving effects on the PAB1-mRNP structure. J Mol Biol. 2010;399:562-75 pubmed publisher..We have investigated the mechanisms by which PUF3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae accelerates deadenylation of the COX17 mRNA...
- Yosefzon Y, Koh Y, Chritton J, Lande A, Leibovich L, Barziv L, et al. Divergent RNA binding specificity of yeast Puf2p. RNA. 2011;17:1479-88 pubmed publisher..This study expands the repertoire of cis elements bound by PUF proteins and suggests new modes by which PUF proteins recognize their mRNA targets. ..
- Miller M, Russo J, Fischer A, Lopez Leban F, Olivas W. Carbon source-dependent alteration of Puf3p activity mediates rapid changes in the stabilities of mRNAs involved in mitochondrial function. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3954-70 pubmed publisher..In addition, the activity of Puf3p is rapidly altered by changing the carbon source. PUF3 expression is not decreased at the RNA or protein level by different carbon sources and localization is not ..
- Houshmandi S, Olivas W. Yeast Puf3 mutants reveal the complexity of Puf-RNA binding and identify a loop required for regulation of mRNA decay. RNA. 2005;11:1655-66 pubmed..Finally, we identified an outer surface loop that was dispensable for binding but was required to promote both rapid deadenylation and subsequent decapping of the COX17 mRNA, most likely as a point of protein-protein interactions. ..
- Rowe W, Kershaw C, Castelli L, Costello J, Ashe M, Grant C, et al. Puf3p induces translational repression of genes linked to oxidative stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:1026-41 pubmed publisher..Under oxidative stress, a PUF3 deleted strain exhibits more robust growth than wild-type cells and the shift in translation from polysomes to ..