Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PTC2
Description: type 2C protein phosphatase PTC2
Alias: type 2C protein phosphatase PTC2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Stirling P, Srayko M, Takhar K, Pozniakovsky A, Hyman A, Leroux M. Functional interaction between phosducin-like protein 2 and cytosolic chaperonin is essential for cytoskeletal protein function and cell cycle progression. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2336-45 pubmed..Our data support a model in which Plp2p modulates the biogenesis of several CCT substrates relating to cell cycle and cytoskeletal function, which together contribute to the essential function of PLP2. ..
- Kim J, Hicks W, Li J, Tay S, Haber J. Protein phosphatases pph3, ptc2, and ptc3 play redundant roles in DNA double-strand break repair by homologous recombination. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:507-16 pubmed publisher..Recovery involves two members of the protein phosphatase 2C (PP2C) family, Ptc2 and Ptc3, as well as the protein phosphatase 4 (PP4) enzyme, Pph3...
- Au T, Rodriguez J, Vincent J, Tsukiyama T. ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling factors tune S phase checkpoint activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4454-63 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that Isw2 and Ino80 are targeted to stalled replication forks via RPA and directly control the amplitude of S phase checkpoint activity and the subsequent deactivation process. ..
- O Neill B, Szyjka S, Lis E, Bailey A, Yates J, Aparicio O, et al. Pph3-Psy2 is a phosphatase complex required for Rad53 dephosphorylation and replication fork restart during recovery from DNA damage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9290-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that Rad53 regulates replication fork restart and initiation of late firing origins independently and that regulation of these processes is mediated by specific Rad53 phosphatases. ..
- Shitamukai A, Hirata D, Sonobe S, Miyakawa T. Evidence for antagonistic regulation of cell growth by the calcineurin and high osmolarity glycerol pathways in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3651-61 pubmed
- Munoz I, Simon E, Casals N, Clotet J, Arino J. Identification of multicopy suppressors of cell cycle arrest at the G1-S transition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2003;20:157-69 pubmed..The possible relationship between the known functions of these suppressor genes and the progress through the G(1)-S transition is discussed. ..
- Guillemain G, Ma E, Mauger S, Miron S, Thai R, Guerois R, et al. Mechanisms of checkpoint kinase Rad53 inactivation after a double-strand break in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3378-89 pubmed..We have previously provided evidence that the phosphatases Ptc2 and Ptc3 of the protein phosphatase 2C type are required for DNA checkpoint inactivation after a DSB and probably ..
- Szyjka S, Aparicio J, Viggiani C, Knott S, Xu W, Tavare S, et al. Rad53 regulates replication fork restart after DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 2008;22:1906-20 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, combined deletion of PPH3 and PTC2, a second, unrelated Rad53 phosphatase, results in complete replication fork arrest and lethality in MMS, ..
- Aucher W, Becker E, Ma E, Miron S, Martel A, Ochsenbein F, et al. A strategy for interaction site prediction between phospho-binding modules and their partners identified from proteomic data. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:2745-59 pubmed publisher..The STRIP method relies on a combination of conservation, phosphorylation likelihood, and binding specificity criteria and can be accessed via a web interface at http://biodev.extra.cea.fr/strip/. ..
- Cheng A, Ross K, Kaldis P, Solomon M. Dephosphorylation of cyclin-dependent kinases by type 2C protein phosphatases. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2946-57 pubmed..Overexpression of PTC2 or PTC3 results in synthetic lethality in strains temperature-sensitive for yeast CAK1, and disruptions of PTC2 and ..
- Leroy C, Lee S, Vaze M, Ochsenbein F, Ochsenbien F, Guerois R, et al. PP2C phosphatases Ptc2 and Ptc3 are required for DNA checkpoint inactivation after a double-strand break. Mol Cell. 2003;11:827-35 pubmed..Cells lacking the PP2C-like phosphatases Ptc2 and Ptc3 are unable to adapt to a HO-induced DSB and are also defective in recovering from a repairable DSB...