Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PTA1
Description: RNA-processing protein PTA1
Alias: FUN39, RNA-processing protein PTA1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- He X, Moore C. Regulation of yeast mRNA 3' end processing by phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2005;19:619-29 pubmed..Here, we report that depletion of Glc7 causes shortened poly(A) tails in vivo and accumulation of phosphorylated Pta1, a CPF subunit...
- Dheur S, Nykamp K, Viphakone N, Swanson M, Minvielle Sebastia L. Yeast mRNA Poly(A) tail length control can be reconstituted in vitro in the absence of Pab1p-dependent Poly(A) nuclease activity. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24532-8 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose that Nab2p is necessary and sufficient to regulate poly(A) tail length during de novo synthesis in yeast. ..
- Ghazy M, Gordon J, Lee S, Singh B, Bohm A, Hampsey M, et al. The interaction of Pcf11 and Clp1 is needed for mRNA 3'-end formation and is modulated by amino acids in the ATP-binding site. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:1214-25 pubmed publisher..These results define Clp1 as a bridge between CF IA and CPF and indicate that the Clp1-Pcf11 interaction is modulated by amino acids in the conserved ATP-binding site of Clp1. ..
- Seoane S, Lamas Maceiras M, Rodríguez Torres A, Freire Picos M. Involvement of Pta1, Pcf11 and a KlCYC1 AU-rich element in alternative RNA 3'-end processing selection in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:2843-8 pubmed publisherThis work reports the involvement of yeast RNA processing factors Pta1 and Pcf11 in alternative 3'-end RNA processing. The pta1-1 and pcf11-2 mutations changed the predominance of KlCYC1 1.14 and 1.5 kb transcript isoforms...
- Schreieck A, Easter A, Etzold S, Wiederhold K, Lidschreiber M, Cramer P, et al. RNA polymerase II termination involves C-terminal-domain tyrosine dephosphorylation by CPF subunit Glc7. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:175-179 pubmed publisher..These results show that transcription termination involves Tyr1 dephosphorylation of the CTD and indicate that pre-mRNA processing by CPF and transcription termination are coupled via Glc7-dependent Pol II-Tyr1 dephosphorylation. ..
- Ezeokonkwo C, Zhelkovsky A, Lee R, Bohm A, Moore C. A flexible linker region in Fip1 is needed for efficient mRNA polyadenylation. RNA. 2011;17:652-64 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the Fip1 linker, through its flexibility and protein/protein interactions, allows Pap1 to reach the 3' end of the cleaved RNA and efficiently initiate poly(A) addition. ..
- Zhang D, Mosley A, Ramisetty S, Rodríguez Molina J, Washburn M, Ansari A. Ssu72 phosphatase-dependent erasure of phospho-Ser7 marks on the RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain is essential for viability and transcription termination. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:8541-51 pubmed publisher..An inability to remove these marks prevents Pol II from terminating efficiently and will likely impede subsequent assembly into the pre-initiation complex. ..
- Preker P, Ohnacker M, Minvielle Sebastia L, Keller W. A multisubunit 3' end processing factor from yeast containing poly(A) polymerase and homologues of the subunits of mammalian cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor. EMBO J. 1997;16:4727-37 pubmed..As expected for a PF I subunit, pta1-1 mutant extracts are deficient for polyadenylation in vitro...
- Roguev A, Schaft D, Shevchenko A, Pijnappel W, Wilm M, Aasland R, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae Set1 complex includes an Ash2 homologue and methylates histone 3 lysine 4. EMBO J. 2001;20:7137-48 pubmed..We propose that eukaryotic Set1Cs are H3 lysine 4 methyltransferases and are related to trxG action through association with Ash2 homologues. ..
- Vo L, Minet M, Schmitter J, Lacroute F, Wyers F. Mpe1, a zinc knuckle protein, is an essential component of yeast cleavage and polyadenylation factor required for the cleavage and polyadenylation of mRNA. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8346-56 pubmed..These results show that Mpe1p plays a crucial role in 3' end formation probably by promoting the specific link between the CFI/CPF complex and pre-mRNA. ..
- Lee S, Moore C. Efficient mRNA polyadenylation requires a ubiquitin-like domain, a zinc knuckle, and a RING finger domain, all contained in the Mpe1 protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3955-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an inhibitor of ubiquitin-mediated interactions blocks cleavage, demonstrating for the first time a direct role for ubiquitination in mRNA 3'-end processing. ..
- Skaar D, Greenleaf A. The RNA polymerase II CTD kinase CTDK-I affects pre-mRNA 3' cleavage/polyadenylation through the processing component Pti1p. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1429-39 pubmed..Therefore, one important function of the CTDK-I-generated phospho-CTD appears to be the coupling of transcription to 3' processing of pre-mRNAs by a Pti1p-containing complex. ..
- Krishnamurthy S, Ghazy M, Moore C, Hampsey M. Functional interaction of the Ess1 prolyl isomerase with components of the RNA polymerase II initiation and termination machineries. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2925-34 pubmed publisher..functionally interacts with the transcription initiation factor TFIIB and with the Ssu72 CTD phosphatase and Pta1 components of the CPF 3'-end processing complex...
- Zhao J, Kessler M, Moore C. Cleavage factor II of Saccharomyces cerevisiae contains homologues to subunits of the mammalian Cleavage/ polyadenylation specificity factor and exhibits sequence-specific, ATP-dependent interaction with precursor RNA. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:10831-8 pubmed..These results provide additional evidence that certain features of the molecular mechanism of mRNA 3'-end formation are conserved between yeast and mammals, but also highlight unexpected differences. ..
- Rodriguez C, Cho E, Keogh M, Moore C, Greenleaf A, Buratowski S. Kin28, the TFIIH-associated carboxy-terminal domain kinase, facilitates the recruitment of mRNA processing machinery to RNA polymerase II. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:104-12 pubmed..Interestingly, levels of the polyadenylation factor Pta1 are also reduced in kin28 mutants, while several other polyadenylation factors remain stable...
- O Connor J, Peebles C. PTA1, an essential gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae affecting pre-tRNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3843-56 pubmedWe have identified an essential Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene, PTA1, that affects pre-tRNA processing...
- Dichtl B, Blank D, Ohnacker M, Friedlein A, Roeder D, Langen H, et al. A role for SSU72 in balancing RNA polymerase II transcription elongation and termination. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1139-50 pubmed..The sum of our analyses suggests a negative influence of Ssu72p on RNAP II during transcription that affects the commitment to either elongation or termination. ..
- Ezeokonkwo C, Ghazy M, Zhelkovsky A, Yeh P, Moore C. Novel interactions at the essential N-terminus of poly(A) polymerase that could regulate poly(A) addition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:1173-8 pubmed publisher..We have now identified proteins that interact specifically with this region. Cft1 and Pta1 are subunits of the cleavage/polyadenylation factor, in which Pap1 resides, and Nab6 and Sub1 are nucleic-acid ..