Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSF1
Description: DNA replication protein PSF1
Alias: CDC101, DNA replication protein PSF1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Maric M, Maculins T, De Piccoli G, Labib K. Cdc48 and a ubiquitin ligase drive disassembly of the CMG helicase at the end of DNA replication. Science. 2014;346:1253596 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the end of chromosome replication in eukaryotes is controlled in a similarly complex fashion to the much-better-characterized initiation step. ..
- Tanaka S, Komeda Y, Umemori T, Kubota Y, Takisawa H, Araki H. Efficient initiation of DNA replication in eukaryotes requires Dpb11/TopBP1-GINS interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2614-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that the inter-BRCT region of Dpb11 is a functionally conserved GINS interaction domain that is important for the initiation of DNA replication in eukaryotes. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. GINS and Sld3 compete with one another for Mcm2-7 and Cdc45 binding. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:14157-67 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with a model wherein GINS trades places with Sld3 at a replication origin, contributing to the activation of the replication fork helicase. ..
- van Deursen F, Sengupta S, De Piccoli G, Sanchez Diaz A, Labib K. Mcm10 associates with the loaded DNA helicase at replication origins and defines a novel step in its activation. EMBO J. 2012;31:2195-206 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Mcm10 is required for a novel step during activation of the Cdc45-MCM-GINS helicase at DNA replication origins. ..
- Bruck I, Kanter D, Kaplan D. Enabling association of the GINS protein tetramer with the mini chromosome maintenance (Mcm)2-7 protein complex by phosphorylated Sld2 protein and single-stranded origin DNA. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36414-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, origin ssDNA may stimulate the formation of the CMG complex by alleviating inhibitory interactions between Sld2 with Mcm2-7. ..
- Simon A, Zhou J, Perera R, van Deursen F, Evrin C, Ivanova M, et al. A Ctf4 trimer couples the CMG helicase to DNA polymerase Î± in the eukaryotic replisome. Nature. 2014;510:293-297 pubmed publisher..The ability of Ctf4 to act as a platform for multivalent interactions illustrates a mechanism for the concurrent recruitment of factors that act together at the fork. ..
- Langston L, Zhang D, Yurieva O, Georgescu R, Finkelstein J, Yao N, et al. CMG helicase and DNA polymerase Îµ form a functional 15-subunit holoenzyme for eukaryotic leading-strand DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15390-5 pubmed publisher..inefficient in CMG-dependent replication, but addition of the Dpb2 protein subunit of Pol Îµ, known to bind the Psf1 protein subunit of CMG, allows stable synthesis with CMG...
- Zegerman P, Diffley J. Checkpoint-dependent inhibition of DNA replication initiation by Sld3 and Dbf4 phosphorylation. Nature. 2010;467:474-8 pubmed publisher..Our results explain how checkpoints regulate origin firing and demonstrate that the slowing of S phase by the 'intra-S checkpoint' is primarily due to the inhibition of origin firing. ..
- GarcÃa RodrÃguez L, De Piccoli G, Marchesi V, Jones R, Edmondson R, Labib K. A conserved PolÏµ binding module in Ctf18-RFC is required for S-phase checkpoint activation downstream of Mec1. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:8830-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the association of Ctf18-RFC with Pol Ïµ at defective replication forks is a key step in activation of the S-phase checkpoint. ..
- Lydeard J, Lipkin Moore Z, Sheu Y, Stillman B, Burgers P, Haber J. Break-induced replication requires all essential DNA replication factors except those specific for pre-RC assembly. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1133-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that origin-independent BIR involves cross-talk between normal DNA replication factors and PRR. ..
- Muramatsu S, Hirai K, Tak Y, Kamimura Y, Araki H. CDK-dependent complex formation between replication proteins Dpb11, Sld2, Pol (epsilon}, and GINS in budding yeast. Genes Dev. 2010;24:602-12 pubmed publisher..We propose that CDK regulates the initiation of DNA replication in budding yeast through formation of the pre-LC. ..
- Dhingra N, Bruck I, Smith S, Ning B, Kaplan D. Dpb11 protein helps control assembly of the Cdc45Â·Mcm2-7Â·GINS replication fork helicase. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7586-601 pubmed publisher..Finally, we propose that Dpb11 functions with Sld2 and Sld3 to help control the assembly of the replication fork helicase. ..
- Sun J, Shi Y, Georgescu R, Yuan Z, Chait B, Li H, et al. The architecture of a eukaryotic replisome. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:976-82 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals an unexpected configuration of the eukaryotic replisome, suggests possible reasons for this architecture and provides a basis for further structural and biochemical replisome studies. ..
- Samora C, Saksouk J, Goswami P, Wade B, Singleton M, Bates P, et al. Ctf4 Links DNA Replication with Sister Chromatid Cohesion Establishment by Recruiting the Chl1 Helicase to the Replisome. Mol Cell. 2016;63:371-84 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal how Ctf4 forms a replisomal interaction hub that coordinates replication fork progression and sister chromatid cohesion establishment. ..
- Pérez Arnaiz P, Bruck I, Colbert M, Kaplan D. An intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly and the recruitment of Pol-? to Mcm2-7. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7261-7275 pubmed publisher..We also detected diminished GINS and pol-? recruitment to the Mcm2-7 complex. We conclude that an intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly, and the recruitment of pol ? to Mcm2-7. ..
- Froelich C, Kang S, Epling L, Bell S, Enemark E. A conserved MCM single-stranded DNA binding element is essential for replication initiation. elife. 2014;3:e01993 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify an important MCM-ssDNA interaction and suggest it functions during helicase activation to select the strand for translocation. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01993.001...
- Maculins T, Nkosi P, Nishikawa H, Labib K. Tethering of SCF(Dia2) to the Replisome Promotes Efficient Ubiquitylation and Disassembly of the CMG Helicase. Curr Biol. 2015;25:2254-9 pubmed publisher..Residual ubiquitylation of Mcm7 in dia2-Î”TPR cells is still CMG specific, highlighting the complex regulation of the final stages of chromosome replication, about which much still remains to be learned. ..
- Bruck I, Dhingra N, Martinez M, Kaplan D. Dpb11 may function with RPA and DNA to initiate DNA replication. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177147 pubmed publisher..We also propose an alternative model, wherein Dpb11-DNA interaction is required for some other function in DNA replication initiation, such as helicase activation. ..