Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PSD2
Description: phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2
Alias: phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Nebauer R, Schuiki I, Kulterer B, Trajanoski Z, Daum G. The phosphatidylethanolamine level of yeast mitochondria is affected by the mitochondrial components Oxa1p and Yme1p. FEBS J. 2007;274:6180-90 pubmed..In summary, our results demonstrate a link between the mitochondrial protein import machinery, assembly and stability of Psd1p, and phosphatidylethanolamine homeostasis in yeast mitochondria. ..
- Horvath S, Wagner A, Steyrer E, Daum G. Metabolic link between phosphatidylethanolamine and triacylglycerol metabolism in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1811:1030-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it is very likely that local availability of PE in microsomes is crucial for TAG synthesis through the Lro1p reaction. ..
- Takeda M, Yamagami K, Tanaka K. Role of phosphatidylserine in phospholipid flippase-mediated vesicle transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:363-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flippase-dependent vesicle formation is mediated by phospholipid flipping, not by flipped phospholipids. ..
- Wu W, Voelker D. Reconstitution of phosphatidylserine transport from chemically defined donor membranes to phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2 implicates specific lipid domains in the process. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:6635-42 pubmed..These data support a model for PtdSer transport from planar domains highly enriched in PtdSer or in PtdSer plus PtdOH. ..
- Toh e A, Oguchi T. Genetic characterization of genes encoding enzymes catalyzing addition of phospho-ethanolamine to the glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchor in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Genet Syst. 2002;77:309-22 pubmed..b>PSD2, encoding another phosphatidylserine decarboxylase that is localized in Golgi/vacuole, was found to be able to ..
- Carson M, Emala M, Hogsten P, Waechter C. Coordinate regulation of phosphatidylserine decarboxylase activity and phospholipid N-methylation in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1984;259:6267-73 pubmed..cerevisiae and provide evidence that its activity is regulated in coordination with other enzymes in the pathway for phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis involving N-methylation. ..
- Padilla Lopez S, Langager D, Chan C, Pearce D. BTN1, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae homolog to the human Batten disease gene, is involved in phospholipid distribution. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:191-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, lack of Btn1p alters phospholipid levels and might play a role in regulating their subcellular distribution. ..
- Tamura Y, Onguka O, Hobbs A, Jensen R, Iijima M, Claypool S, et al. Role for two conserved intermembrane space proteins, Ups1p and Ups2p, [corrected] in intra-mitochondrial phospholipid trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:15205-18 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Ups proteins and Mdm31p play important roles in phospholipid biosynthesis in mitochondria. Ups proteins may function in phospholipid trafficking between the outer and inner mitochondrial membranes. ..
- Riekhof W, Wu W, Jones J, Nikrad M, Chan M, Loewen C, et al. An assembly of proteins and lipid domains regulates transport of phosphatidylserine to phosphatidylserine decarboxylase 2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:5809-19 pubmed publisher..PstB2p, Psd2, and Pbi1p were shown to be lipid-binding proteins specific for phosphatidic acid...
- Miyata N, Miyoshi T, Yamaguchi T, Nakazono T, Tani M, Kuge O. VID22 is required for transcriptional activation of the PSD2 gene in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2015;472:319-28 pubmed publisher..PSD1 null (psd1Î”) and PSD2 null (psd2Î”) mutants are viable in a synthetic minimal medium, but a psd1Î” psd2Î” double mutant exhibits ..
- Wu Y, Takar M, Cuentas Condori A, Graham T. Neo1 and phosphatidylethanolamine contribute to vacuole membrane fusion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Logist. 2016;6:e1228791 pubmed..Strains deficient in PE synthesis (psd1? psd2?) displayed fragmented vacuoles and the neo1-2 fragmented vacuole phenotype was also suppressed by ..