Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRX1
Description: thioredoxin peroxidase PRX1
Alias: thioredoxin peroxidase PRX1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kaur J, Stuart R. Truncation of the Mrp20 protein reveals new ribosome-assembly subcomplex in mitochondria. EMBO Rep. 2011;12:950-5 pubmed publisher..tunnel-exit-site proteins, an uncharacterized ribosomal protein, MrpL25, and the mitochondrial peroxiredoxin (Prx), Prx1, accumulates in an mrp20?C yeast mutant...
- Choi J, Choi S, Chon J, Choi J, Cha M, Kim I, et al. Crystal structure of the C107S/C112S mutant of yeast nuclear 2-Cys peroxiredoxin. Proteins. 2005;61:1146-9 pubmed
- Gomes F, Palma F, Barros M, Tsuchida E, Turano H, Alegria T, et al. Proteolytic cleavage by the inner membrane peptidase (IMP) complex or Oct1 peptidase controls the localization of the yeast peroxiredoxin Prx1 to distinct mitochondrial compartments. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17011-17024 pubmed publisherYeast Prx1 is a mitochondrial 1-Cys peroxiredoxin that catalyzes the reduction of endogenously generated H2O2 Prx1 is synthesized on cytosolic ribosomes as a preprotein with a cleavable N-terminal presequence that is ..
- Pedrajas J, Padilla C, McDonagh B, Bárcena J. Glutaredoxin participates in the reduction of peroxides by the mitochondrial 1-CYS peroxiredoxin in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;13:249-58 pubmed publisher..Saccharomyces cerevisiae Prx1 is a mitochondrial enzyme belonging to the 1-Cys Prx, whereas Grx2 is involved in antioxidant defense and localizes ..
- Fomenko D, Koc A, Agisheva N, Jacobsen M, Kaya A, Malinouski M, et al. Thiol peroxidases mediate specific genome-wide regulation of gene expression in response to hydrogen peroxide. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:2729-34 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that thiol peroxidases sense and transfer oxidative signals to the signaling proteins and regulate transcription, whereas a direct interaction between H(2)O(2) and other cellular proteins plays a secondary role. ..
- Greetham D, Kritsiligkou P, Watkins R, Carter Z, Parkin J, Grant C. Oxidation of the yeast mitochondrial thioredoxin promotes cell death. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;18:376-85 pubmed publisher..Our data also indicate a role for a mitochondrial 1-cysteine (Cys) peroxiredoxin (Prx1) in the oxidation of Trx3, since Trx3 does not become oxidized in glr1 trr2 mutants or in a wild-type strain ..
- Pedrajas J, Miranda Vizuete A, Javanmardy N, Gustafsson J, Spyrou G. Mitochondria of Saccharomyces cerevisiae contain one-conserved cysteine type peroxiredoxin with thioredoxin peroxidase activity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:16296-301 pubmed..Finally, exposure of null Prx1p mutant cells to oxidant conditions reveals an important role of the mitochondrial 1-Cys Prx in protection against oxidative stress. ..