Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP40
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ester C, Uetz P. The FF domains of yeast U1 snRNP protein Prp40 mediate interactions with Luc7 and Snu71. BMC Biochem. 2008;9:29 pubmed publisher..Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes two FF domain proteins, Prp40, a component of the U1 snRNP, and Ypr152c, a protein of unknown function...
- Hoskins A, Friedman L, Gallagher S, Crawford D, Anderson E, Wombacher R, et al. Ordered and dynamic assembly of single spliceosomes. Science. 2011;331:1289-95 pubmed publisher..This experimental strategy should prove widely useful for mechanistic analysis of other macromolecular machines in environments approaching the complexity of living cells. ..
- Price A, GÃ¶rnemann J, Guthrie C, Brow D. An unanticipated early function of DEAD-box ATPase Prp28 during commitment to splicing is modulated by U5 snRNP protein Prp8. RNA. 2014;20:46-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the U5 snRNP has a role in the earliest events of assembly, prior to its stable incorporation into the spliceosome. ..
- Hoskins A, Rodgers M, Friedman L, Gelles J, Moore M. Single molecule analysis reveals reversible and irreversible steps during spliceosome activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The data reveal the activation mechanism and show that overall splicing efficiency may be maintained through repeated rounds of disassembly and tri-snRNP reassociation. ..
- Rigaut G, Shevchenko A, Rutz B, Wilm M, Mann M, Seraphin B. A generic protein purification method for protein complex characterization and proteome exploration. Nat Biotechnol. 1999;17:1030-2 pubmed..Combined with mass spectrometry, the TAP strategy allows for the identification of proteins interacting with a given target protein. The TAP method has been tested in yeast but should be applicable to other cells or organisms. ..
- Phatnani H, Jones J, Greenleaf A. Expanding the functional repertoire of CTD kinase I and RNA polymerase II: novel phosphoCTD-associating proteins in the yeast proteome. Biochemistry. 2004;43:15702-19 pubmed
- Görnemann J, Barrandon C, Hujer K, Rutz B, Rigaut G, Kotovic K, et al. Cotranscriptional spliceosome assembly and splicing are independent of the Prp40p WW domain. RNA. 2011;17:2119-29 pubmed publisher..In yeast, the U1 snRNP subunit Prp40 was proposed to mediate cotranscriptional recruitment of early splicing factors through binding of its WW domains ..
- Moore M, Schwartzfarb E, Silver P, Yu M. Differential recruitment of the splicing machinery during transcription predicts genome-wide patterns of mRNA splicing. Mol Cell. 2006;24:903-15 pubmed..Broadly, our results provide mechanistic insights into the coordinated regulation of transcription, mRNA processing, and nuclear export in executing complex gene expression programs. ..
- Rodgers M, Paulson J, Hoskins A. Rapid isolation and single-molecule analysis of ribonucleoproteins from cell lysate by SNAP-SiMPull. RNA. 2015;21:1031-41 pubmed publisher..SNAP-SiMPull will likely find broad use for rapidly isolating complex cellular machines for single-molecule fluorescence colocalization experiments. ..
- Yeh C, Chang S, Chen J, Wang H, Chou Y, Wang C, et al. The conserved AU dinucleotide at the 5' end of nascent U1 snRNA is optimized for the interaction with nuclear cap-binding-complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9679-9693 pubmed publisher..Our data also provide a structural interpretation as to why the AU dinucleotide is conserved during evolution. ..