Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP4
Description: U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit PRP4
Alias: RNA4, U4/U6-U5 snRNP complex subunit PRP4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hoskins A, Rodgers M, Friedman L, Gelles J, Moore M. Single molecule analysis reveals reversible and irreversible steps during spliceosome activation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The data reveal the activation mechanism and show that overall splicing efficiency may be maintained through repeated rounds of disassembly and tri-snRNP reassociation. ..
- Fabrizio P, Esser S, Kastner B, Luhrmann R. Isolation of S. cerevisiae snRNPs: comparison of U1 and U4/U6.U5 to their human counterparts. Science. 1994;264:261-5 pubmed..U5 snRNPs are significantly similar. The preparative isolation of yeast snRNPs will allow the cloning as well as genetic and phylogenetic analysis of snRNP proteins which will accelerate our understanding of their function. ..
- Ayadi L, Callebaut I, Saguez C, Villa T, Mornon J, Banroques J. Functional and structural characterization of the prp3 binding domain of the yeast prp4 splicing factor. J Mol Biol. 1998;284:673-87 pubmed..The yeast Prp4 (yPrp4) protein is a specific component of the U4/U6 and U4/U6-U5 snRNPs, which associates transiently with the ..
- Bracken A, Bond U. Reassembly and protection of small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particles by heat shock proteins in yeast cells. RNA. 1999;5:1586-96 pubmed..In addition, our results show that Hsp70 plays a role in snRNP assembly under normal physiological conditions. ..
- Chen C, Yu W, Tsao T, Wang L, Chen H, Lin J, et al. Functional and physical interactions between components of the Prp19p-associated complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:1029-37 pubmed..Genetic analysis suggests that Ntc31p, Ntc30p and Ntc20p may play roles in modulating the function of Ntc90p. ..
- Munding E, Shiue L, Katzman S, Donohue J, Ares M. Competition between pre-mRNAs for the splicing machinery drives global regulation of splicing. Mol Cell. 2013;51:338-48 pubmed publisher..of the RPG-dedicated transcription factor gene IFH1 genetically suppresses two spliceosome mutations, prp11-1 and prp4-1, and globally restores splicing efficiency in prp4-1 cells...