Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP24
Description: U6 snRNP complex subunit PRP24
Alias: U6 snRNP complex subunit PRP24
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lygerou Z, Christophides G, Seraphin B. A novel genetic screen for snRNP assembly factors in yeast identifies a conserved protein, Sad1p, also required for pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2008-20 pubmed..Sad1p contains a putative zinc finger and is phylogenetically highly conserved, with homologues identified in human, Caenorhabditis elegans, Arabidospis, and Drosophila. ..
- Didychuk A, Montemayor E, Brow D, Butcher S. Structural requirements for protein-catalyzed annealing of U4 and U6 RNAs during di-snRNP assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:1398-410 pubmed publisher..di-snRNP assembly requires large-scale remodeling of RNA structure that is chaperoned by the U6 snRNP protein Prp24. We investigated the mechanism of U4/U6 annealing in vitro using an assay that enables visualization of ..
- Burke J, Butcher S, Brow D. Spliceosome assembly in the absence of stable U4/U6 RNA pairing. RNA. 2015;21:923-34 pubmed publisher..U6 enters the splicing pathway bound to the Prp24 protein, which chaperones annealing of U6 to U4 RNA to form a U4/U6 di-snRNP...
- Brenner T, Guthrie C. Genetic analysis reveals a role for the C terminus of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae GTPase Snu114 during spliceosome activation. Genetics. 2005;170:1063-80 pubmed..We propose that GTP hydrolysis results in a rearrangement between Prp8 and the C terminus of Snu114 that leads to release of U1 and U4, thus activating the spliceosome for catalysis. ..
- Rodgers M, Paulson J, Hoskins A. Rapid isolation and single-molecule analysis of ribonucleoproteins from cell lysate by SNAP-SiMPull. RNA. 2015;21:1031-41 pubmed publisher..SNAP-SiMPull will likely find broad use for rapidly isolating complex cellular machines for single-molecule fluorescence colocalization experiments. ..
- Dreumont N, Seraphin B. Rapid screening of yeast mutants with reporters identifies new splicing phenotypes. FEBS J. 2013;280:2712-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, using appropriate reporters, yeast can be used to quickly delineate the effect of various factors on splicing and identify those with the propensity to regulate alternative splicing events. ..
- Vaidya V, Seshadri V, Vijayraghavan U. An extragenic suppressor of prp24-1 defines genetic interaction between PRP24 and PRP21 gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;250:267-76 pubmedThe temperature-sensitive prp24-1 mutation defines a gene product required for the first step in pre-mRNA splicing. PRP24 is probably a component of the U6 snRNP particle...
- Montemayor E, Curran E, Liao H, Andrews K, Treba C, Butcher S, et al. Core structure of the U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein at 1.7-Å resolution. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:544-51 pubmed publisher..of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae U6 snRNP core containing most of the U6 snRNA and all four RRM domains of the Prp24 protein...
- Strauss E, Guthrie C. A cold-sensitive mRNA splicing mutant is a member of the RNA helicase gene family. Genes Dev. 1991;5:629-41 pubmed..Interestingly, double mutants containing conditional alleles of PRP28 and PRP24, which encodes a U6 snRNA-binding protein, are inviable...
- Didychuk A, Montemayor E, Carrocci T, DeLaitsch A, Lucarelli S, Westler W, et al. Usb1 controls U6 snRNP assembly through evolutionarily divergent cyclic phosphodiesterase activities. Nat Commun. 2017;8:497 pubmed publisher..of yeast U6 snRNP in vitro, which occurs through a complex series of handoffs involving 10 proteins (Lhp1, Prp24, Usb1 and Lsm2-8) and anti-cooperative interactions between Prp24 and Lhp1...
- Mnaimneh S, Davierwala A, Haynes J, Moffat J, Peng W, Zhang W, et al. Exploration of essential gene functions via titratable promoter alleles. Cell. 2004;118:31-44 pubmed..We furthermore show that these strains are compatible with automated genetic analysis. This study underscores the importance of analyzing mutant phenotypes and provides a resource to complement the yeast knockout collection. ..