Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP22
Description: DEAH-box ATP-dependent RNA helicase PRP22
Alias: DEAH-box ATP-dependent RNA helicase PRP22
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Tanaka N, Schwer B. Characterization of the NTPase, RNA-binding, and RNA helicase activities of the DEAH-box splicing factor Prp22. Biochemistry. 2005;44:9795-803 pubmedThe DEAH protein Prp22 is important for the second transesterification step of pre-mRNA splicing, and it is essential for releasing mature mRNA from the spliceosome...
- Kudlinzki D, Schmitt A, Christian H, Ficner R. Structural analysis of the C-terminal domain of the spliceosomal helicase Prp22. Biol Chem. 2012;393:1131-40 pubmed publisher..The spliceosomal DEAH-box proteins Prp2, Prp16, Prp22 and Prp43 share homologous C-terminal domains (CTD)...
- Ben Yehuda S, Dix I, Russell C, McGarvey M, Beggs J, Kupiec M. Genetic and physical interactions between factors involved in both cell cycle progression and pre-mRNA splicing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;156:1503-17 pubmed..We discuss the role played by these proteins in splicing and cell cycle progression. ..
- Brenner T, Guthrie C. Genetic analysis reveals a role for the C terminus of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae GTPase Snu114 during spliceosome activation. Genetics. 2005;170:1063-80 pubmed..We propose that GTP hydrolysis results in a rearrangement between Prp8 and the C terminus of Snu114 that leads to release of U1 and U4, thus activating the spliceosome for catalysis. ..
- Dosil M. Ribosome synthesis-unrelated functions of the preribosomal factor Rrp12 in cell cycle progression and the DNA damage response. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2422-38 pubmed publisher..I propose that the functional duality of Rrp12 may couple the control of ribosome production to the regulation of other cellular processes during cell cycle progression. ..
- Düring L, Thorsen M, Petersen D, Køster B, Jensen T, Holmberg S. MRN1 implicates chromatin remodeling complexes and architectural factors in mRNA maturation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44373 pubmed publisher..Genetic interactions are observed between 2 µm-MRN1 and the splicing deficient mutants snt309?, prp3, prp4, and prp22, and additional genetic analyses link MRN1, SNT309, NHP6A/B, SWI/SNF, and RSC supporting the notion of a role of ..
- Semlow D, Blanco M, Walter N, Staley J. Spliceosomal DEAH-Box ATPases Remodel Pre-mRNA to Activate Alternative Splice Sites. Cell. 2016;164:985-98 pubmed publisher..At the catalytic stage of splicing, suboptimal splice sites are repressed by the DEAH-box ATPases Prp16 and Prp22. Here, using budding yeast, we show that these ATPases function further by enabling the spliceosome to search for ..
- Gahura O, Abrhámová K, Skruzny M, Valentová A, Munzarová V, Folk P, et al. Prp45 affects Prp22 partition in spliceosomal complexes and splicing efficiency of non-consensus substrates. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:139-51 pubmed publisher..alleles of NTC members SYF1, CLF1/SYF3, NTC20, and CEF1, and 2nd step splicing factors SLU7, PRP17, PRP18, and PRP22. Cwc2-associated spliceosomal complexes purified from prp45(1-169) cells showed decreased stoichiometry of Prp22, ..
- Masciadri B, Areces L, Carpinelli P, Foiani M, Draetta G, Fiore F. Characterization of the BUD31 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;320:1342-50 pubmed..We propose that the observed phenotypes for bud31-null strain could be the result of defective splicing and indicate a first functional role for Bud3lp and its homologs. ..
- Schneider S, Campodonico E, Schwer B. Motifs IV and V in the DEAH box splicing factor Prp22 are important for RNA unwinding, and helicase-defective Prp22 mutants are suppressed by Prp8. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:8617-26 pubmedThe yeast pre-mRNA splicing factor Prp22 is a member of the DEAH box family of nucleic acid-stimulated ATPases and RNA helicases...
- Burns C, Ohi R, Mehta S, O TOOLE E, Winey M, Clark T, et al. Removal of a single alpha-tubulin gene intron suppresses cell cycle arrest phenotypes of splicing factor mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:801-15 pubmed..Removing the TUB1 intron from two other splicing mutants that arrest at G(2)/M, prp17Delta and prp22-1 strains, permits nuclear division, but suppression of the cell cycle block is less efficient...