Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP16
Description: DEAH-box RNA helicase PRP16
Alias: PRP23, RNA16, DEAH-box RNA helicase PRP16
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hahn D, Kudla G, Tollervey D, Beggs J. Brr2p-mediated conformational rearrangements in the spliceosome during activation and substrate repositioning. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2408-21 pubmed publisher..We propose a previously unsuspected function for Brr2p in driving conformational rearrangements that lead to competence for the second step of splicing. ..
- Chen H, Tseng C, Tsai R, Chung C, Cheng S. Link of NTR-mediated spliceosome disassembly with DEAH-box ATPases Prp2, Prp16, and Prp22. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:514-25 pubmed publisher..of affinity-purified spliceosomes arrested specifically after the ATP-dependent action of DEAH-box ATPase Prp2, Prp16, or Prp22 but not at steps before the action of these ATPases or upon their binding to the spliceosome...
- Seshadri V, Vaidya V, Vijayraghavan U. Genetic studies of the PRP17 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a domain essential for function maps to a nonconserved region of the protein. Genetics. 1996;143:45-55 pubmed..mutations in the N-terminal nonconserved domain of PRP17 are synthetically lethal in combination with mutations in PRP16 and PRP18, two other gene products required for the second splicing reaction...
- Vincent K, Wang Q, Jay S, Hobbs K, Rymond B. Genetic interactions with CLF1 identify additional pre-mRNA splicing factors and a link between activators of yeast vesicular transport and splicing. Genetics. 2003;164:895-907 pubmed..e., clf1Delta2). The identified genes encode the Mud2, Ntc20, Prp16, Prp17, Prp19, Prp22, and Syf2 splicing factors and four proteins without established contribution to splicing (..
- Query C, Konarska M. Suppression of multiple substrate mutations by spliceosomal prp8 alleles suggests functional correlations with ribosomal ambiguity mutants. Mol Cell. 2004;14:343-54 pubmed..the second step for multiple intron mutants and interact functionally with first step suppressors, alleles of PRP16 and U6 snRNA...
- Gautam A, Grainger R, Vilardell J, Barrass J, Beggs J. Cwc21p promotes the second step conformation of the spliceosome and modulates 3' splice site selection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:3309-17 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that mutations in PRP16, PRP8, SNU114 and the U5 snRNA that affect this process interact genetically with CWC21, that encodes the yeast ..
- Tseng C, Chung C, Chen H, Cheng S. A central role of Cwc25 in spliceosome dynamics during the catalytic phase of pre-mRNA splicing. RNA. 2017;23:546-556 pubmed publisher..after the reaction and is then removed from the spliceosome, which normally requires DExD/H-box protein Prp16 and ATP hydrolysis, to allow the occurrence of the second reaction...
- Chiang T, Cheng S. A weak spliceosome-binding domain of Yju2 functions in the first step and bypasses Prp16 in the second step of splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1746-55 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, Yju2-N supported a low level of the second reaction even in the absence of Prp16. Prp16 is known to mediate destabilization of Yju2 and Cwc25 after the first reaction to allow progression of the ..
- Liu L, Query C, Konarska M. Opposing classes of prp8 alleles modulate the transition between the catalytic steps of pre-mRNA splicing. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:519-26 pubmed..during the transition occurs between catalytic-center opening and closure mediated by the U6 small nuclear RNA and the DExH/D ATPase gene prp16. Modulation of these events alters splice-site selection and splicing fidelity.
- Mnaimneh S, Davierwala A, Haynes J, Moffat J, Peng W, Zhang W, et al. Exploration of essential gene functions via titratable promoter alleles. Cell. 2004;118:31-44 pubmed..We furthermore show that these strains are compatible with automated genetic analysis. This study underscores the importance of analyzing mutant phenotypes and provides a resource to complement the yeast knockout collection. ..
- Semlow D, Blanco M, Walter N, Staley J. Spliceosomal DEAH-Box ATPases Remodel Pre-mRNA to Activate Alternative Splice Sites. Cell. 2016;164:985-98 pubmed publisher..At the catalytic stage of splicing, suboptimal splice sites are repressed by the DEAH-box ATPases Prp16 and Prp22...
- Xu D, Field D, Tang S, Moris A, Bobechko B, Friesen J. Synthetic lethality of yeast slt mutations with U2 small nuclear RNA mutations suggests functional interactions between U2 and U5 snRNPs that are important for both steps of pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2055-66 pubmed..the first step of splicing) and several second-step factors, including slt15/prp17-100, slt17/slu7-100, and prp16-1...
- Jones M, Frank D, Guthrie C. Characterization and functional ordering of Slu7p and Prp17p during the second step of pre-mRNA splicing in yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:9687-91 pubmedTemperature-sensitive alleles in four genes (slu7-1, prp16-2, prp17-1, and prp18-1) are known to confer a specific block to the second chemical step of pre-mRNA splicing in vivo in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Hogg R, de Almeida R, Ruckshanthi J, O Keefe R. Remodeling of U2-U6 snRNA helix I during pre-mRNA splicing by Prp16 and the NineTeen Complex protein Cwc2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:8008-23 pubmed publisher..The ATPase Prp16 remodels the spliceosome between the first and second steps of splicing by catalyzing release of first step ..