Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PRP11
Alias: RNA11, Prp11p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kafasla P, Barrass J, Thompson E, Fromont Racine M, Jacquier A, Beggs J, et al. Interaction of yeast eIF4G with spliceosome components: implications in pre-mRNA processing events. RNA Biol. 2009;6:563-74 pubmed..In addition, Tif4631p and Tif4632p associate with protein components of the splicing machinery, namely Snu71p and Prp11p. To further delineate these interactions, we map the regions of Tif4631p and Tif4632p that are important for the ..
- Maddock J, Weidenhammer E, Adams C, Lunz R, Woolford J. Extragenic suppressors of Saccharomyces cerevisiae prp4 mutations identify a negative regulator of PRP genes. Genetics. 1994;136:833-47 pubmed..Each of these spp mutations also suppresses prp3; spp41 and spp42 suppress prp11 as well...
- Wells S, Neville M, Haynes M, Wang J, Igel H, Ares M. CUS1, a suppressor of cold-sensitive U2 snRNA mutations, is a novel yeast splicing factor homologous to human SAP 145. Genes Dev. 1996;10:220-32 pubmed..Extra copies of wild-type CUS1, but not CUS1-54, suppress the temperature-sensitive prp11 and prp5 mutations, linking CUS1 protein to a subset of other factors required at the same step of spliceosome ..
- Marsolier M, Prioleau M, Sentenac A. A RNA polymerase III-based two-hybrid system to study RNA polymerase II transcriptional regulators. J Mol Biol. 1997;268:243-9 pubmed..In a model system, the interacting proteins recruiting TFIIIC to DNA were PRP21 and PRP9 or PRP21 and PRP11. Mutations affecting the interaction between PRP21 and PRP9, or PRP21 and PRP11 decreased UAS(G)-SNR6 activation ..
- Spingola M, Armisen J, Ares M. Mer1p is a modular splicing factor whose function depends on the conserved U2 snRNP protein Snu17p. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1242-50 pubmed..Thirdly, Mer1p interacts with the branch point binding proteins Mud2p and Bbp1p and the U2 snRNP protein Prp11p by two-hybrid assays...
- Balzer R, Henry M. Snu56p is required for Mer1p-activated meiotic splicing. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:2497-508 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, these two proteins do not interact, suggesting that Snu56p links pre-mRNA-bound Mer1p to Nam8p in the U1 snRNP. This work demonstrates that the Snu56 protein is required for splicing only during meiosis. ..