Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PPZ2
Description: salt homeostasis regulator
Alias: salt homeostasis regulator
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Merchan S, Bernal D, Serrano R, Yenush L. Response of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mpk1 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway to increases in internal turgor pressure caused by loss of Ppz protein phosphatases. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:100-7 pubmed..Finally, despite its role in G1/S transition, increased levels of activated Mpk1 do not appear to be responsible for the cell cycle phenotype observed in Ppz-deficient strains. ..
- Venturi G, Bloecher A, Williams Hart T, Tatchell K. Genetic interactions between GLC7, PPZ1 and PPZ2 in saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2000;155:69-83 pubmed..ppz1 ppz2 null mutants have no apparent growth defect on rich media...
- Lee K, Hines L, Levin D. A pair of functionally redundant yeast genes (PPZ1 and PPZ2) encoding type 1-related protein phosphatases function within the PKC1-mediated pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:5843-53 pubmed..One of these genes is identical to the previously identified PPZ2 gene...
- Merchan S, Pedelini L, Hueso G, Calzada A, Serrano R, Yenush L. Genetic alterations leading to increases in internal potassium concentrations are detrimental for DNA integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Cells. 2011;16:152-65 pubmed publisher..Yeast strains lacking the PPZ1 and PPZ2 phosphatase genes, which aberrantly accumulate potassium, are sensitive to agents causing replicative stress or DNA ..
- Posas F, Camps M, Arino J. The PPZ protein phosphatases are important determinants of salt tolerance in yeast cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:13036-41 pubmedProtein phosphatases PPZ1 and PPZ2 represent a novel form of Ser/Thr phosphatases structurally related to type 1 phosphatases and characterized by an unusual amino-terminal region...
- Makanae K, Kintaka R, Makino T, Kitano H, Moriya H. Identification of dosage-sensitive genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using the genetic tug-of-war method. Genome Res. 2013;23:300-11 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study will provide basic knowledge about the physiology of chromosomal abnormalities and the evolution of chromosomal composition. ..
- Cheng Y, Chen R. Assembly and quality control of the protein phosphatase 1 holoenzyme involves the Cdc48-Shp1 chaperone. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1180-92 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Cdc48-Shp1 binds and prevents misfolding of PP1-like phosphatases Ppz2 and Ppq1, but not other types of phosphatases...
- Hughes V, Muller A, Stark M, Cohen P. Both isoforms of protein phosphatase Z are essential for the maintenance of cell size and integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae in response to osmotic stress. Eur J Biochem. 1993;216:269-79 pubmedThe sequences of two genes encoding the protein-serine/threonine-phosphatases PPZ1 and PPZ2 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae have been determined. The molecular masses of PPZ1 and PPZ2 are 77.5 and 78...