Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: POT1
Description: acetyl-CoA C-acyltransferase
Alias: FOX3, POX3, acetyl-CoA C-acyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Vögtle F, Burkhart J, Rao S, Gerbeth C, Hinrichs J, Martinou J, et al. Intermembrane space proteome of yeast mitochondria. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:1840-52 pubmed publisher..We present here the first and comprehensive proteome of IMS proteins of yeast mitochondria with 51 proteins in total. The IMS proteome will serve as a valuable source for further studies on the role of the IMS in cell life and death. ..
- Lee J, Kim S, Chae H, Jung J, Lee S. Antifungal activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae peroxisomal 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase. BMB Rep. 2009;42:281-5 pubmed..Yeast ScFox3 is a natural antifungal agent found in peroxisomes. ..
- Marchesini S, Poirier Y. Futile cycling of intermediates of fatty acid biosynthesis toward peroxisomal beta-oxidation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32596-601 pubmed..and 3-hydroxydodecanoate was synthesized in a mutant deficient in the peroxisomal 3-ketothiolase (fox3 Delta 0) growing either on oleic acid or heptadecenoic acid as well as in wild type and fox3 Delta 0 mutants grown ..
- Stein K, Schell Steven A, Erdmann R, Rottensteiner H. Interactions of Pex7p and Pex18p/Pex21p with the peroxisomal docking machinery: implications for the first steps in PTS2 protein import. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:6056-69 pubmed..This complex accumulated in docking mutants but was absent in cells lacking Pex18p/Pex21p, indicating that Pex18p/Pex21p are required already before the docking event. ..
- Glover J, Andrews D, Subramani S, Rachubinski R. Mutagenesis of the amino targeting signal of Saccharomyces cerevisiae 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase reveals conserved amino acids required for import into peroxisomes in vivo. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7558-63 pubmed..cerevisiae thiolase to peroxisomes. ..
- Girzalsky W, Rehling P, Stein K, Kipper J, Blank L, Kunau W, et al. Involvement of Pex13p in Pex14p localization and peroxisomal targeting signal 2-dependent protein import into peroxisomes. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:1151-62 pubmed..We also found Pex13p to be required for peroxisomal association of Pex14p, yet the SH3 domain of Pex13p may not provide the only binding site for Pex14p at the peroxisomal membrane...
- Mathieu M, Modis Y, Zeelen J, Engel C, Abagyan R, Ahlberg A, et al. The 1.8 A crystal structure of the dimeric peroxisomal 3-ketoacyl-CoA thiolase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae: implications for substrate binding and reaction mechanism. J Mol Biol. 1997;273:714-28 pubmed..The three phosphate groups of the CoA moiety are predicted to interact with side-chains of lysine and arginine residues, which are conserved in the dimeric thiolases. ..
- Chan A, Schummer A, Fischer S, Schröter T, Cruz Zaragoza L, Bender J, et al. Pex17p-dependent assembly of Pex14p/Dyn2p-subcomplexes of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:585-597 pubmed publisher..As dyn2? cells also display reduced peroxisomal function, our data indicate that Dyn2p-dependent formation of the high molecular weight Pex14p-complex is required to maintain peroxisomal function on wild-type level. ..