Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PKH2
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase PKH2
Alias: serine/threonine protein kinase PKH2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Luo G, Costanzo M, Boone C, Dickson R. Nutrients and the Pkh1/2 and Pkc1 protein kinases control mRNA decay and P-body assembly in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8759-70 pubmed publisher..Here we show that a signal transduction pathway containing the Pkh1/Pkh2 protein kinases and one of their effector kinases, Pkc1, is required for and regulates global mRNA decay at the ..
- Sun Y, Miao Y, Yamane Y, Zhang C, Shokat K, Takematsu H, et al. Orm protein phosphoregulation mediates transient sphingolipid biosynthesis response to heat stress via the Pkh-Ypk and Cdc55-PP2A pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2388-98 pubmed publisher..We propose that this mechanism serves as the basis for how Orm phosphoregulation controls sphingolipid biosynthesis in response to stress in a kinetically coupled manner. ..
- Omnus D, Manford A, Bader J, Emr S, Stefan C. Phosphoinositide kinase signaling controls ER-PM cross-talk. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:1170-80 pubmed publisher..Thus PI kinase-mediated ER-PM cross-talk comprises a regulatory system that ensures cellular integrity under membrane stress conditions. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez A, Shimobayashi M, Eisenberg T, Merle D, Pendl T, Hall M, et al. TORC1 promotes phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6 via the AGC kinase Ypk3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120250 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that Ypk3 is a critical component of the TORC1 pathway and that the use of a phospho-S6 specific antibody offers a valuable tool to identify new nutrient-dependent and rapamycin-sensitive targets in vivo. ..
- Pohlers S, Martin R, Krüger T, Hellwig D, Hänel F, Kniemeyer O, et al. Lipid Signaling via Pkh1/2 Regulates Fungal CO2 Sensing through the Kinase Sch9. MBio. 2017;8: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we provide a direct link between adaptation to changing CO2 conditions and lipid/Pkh1/2 signaling in yeast, thus establishing a new signaling cascade central to metabolic adaptation. ..
- Mirisola M, Taormina G, Fabrizio P, Wei M, Hu J, Longo V. Serine- and threonine/valine-dependent activation of PDK and Tor orthologs converge on Sch9 to promote aging. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004113 pubmed publisher..Because of the conserved pro-aging role of nutrient and growth signaling pathways in higher eukaryotes, these results raise the possibility that similar mechanisms contribute to aging in mammals...
- Morvan J, Rinaldi B, Friant S. Pkh1/2-dependent phosphorylation of Vps27 regulates ESCRT-I recruitment to endosomes. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4054-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vps27 phosphorylation by Pkh1/2 kinases regulates the coordinated cascade of ESCRT complex recruitment at the endosomal membrane. ..
- Luo G, Gruhler A, Liu Y, Jensen O, Dickson R. The sphingolipid long-chain base-Pkh1/2-Ypk1/2 signaling pathway regulates eisosome assembly and turnover. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10433-44 pubmed publisher..studies showed that these proteins are phosphorylated by the sphingolipid long-chain base-activated Pkh1 and Pkh2 protein kinases in vitro...