Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PIS1
Description: CDP-diacylglycerol--inositol 3-phosphatidyltransferase
Alias: CDP-diacylglycerol--inositol 3-phosphatidyltransferase
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fischl A, Homann M, Poole M, Carman G. Phosphatidylinositol synthase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Reconstitution, characterization, and regulation of activity. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:3178-83 pubmed..Phosphatidylserine stimulated reconstituted activity, suggesting that the local phospholipid environment may regulate phosphatidylinositol synthase activity. ..
- Nikawa J, Kodaki T, Yamashita S. Primary structure and disruption of the phosphatidylinositol synthase gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1987;262:4876-81 pubmed..The nonviable spores were in an arrested state with a characteristic terminal phenotype, suggesting that the function of the PIS gene is essential for progression of the yeast cell cycle. ..
- Leber A, Hrastnik C, Daum G. Phospholipid-synthesizing enzymes in Golgi membranes of the yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:271-4 pubmed..Two phospholipid-synthesizing enzymes, namely phosphatidylinositol synthase and sn-1,2-diacylglycerol cholinephosphotransferase, are detected in the Golgi at a specific activity which exceeds that of the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Kaliszewski P, Ferreira T, Gajewska B, Szkopinska A, Berges T, Zoładek T. Enhanced levels of Pis1p (phosphatidylinositol synthase) improve the growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells deficient in Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase. Biochem J. 2006;395:173-81 pubmed..The PIS1 (phosphatidylinositol synthase gene) encoding the enzyme Pis1p which catalyses the synthesis of ..
- Tamura Y, Harada Y, Nishikawa S, Yamano K, Kamiya M, Shiota T, et al. Tam41 is a CDP-diacylglycerol synthase required for cardiolipin biosynthesis in mitochondria. Cell Metab. 2013;17:709-18 pubmed publisher..The present findings unveil the missing step of the cardiolipin synthesis pathway in mitochondria as well as the flexibile regulation of phospholipid biosynthesis to respond to compromised CDP-DAG synthesis in mitochondria. ..