Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PIL1
Description: lipid-binding protein PIL1
Alias: lipid-binding protein PIL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Fröhlich F, Moreira K, Aguilar P, Hubner N, Mann M, Walter P, et al. A genome-wide screen for genes affecting eisosomes reveals Nce102 function in sphingolipid signaling. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:1227-42 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Nce102 inhibits Pkh kinase signaling and is required for plasma membrane organization. Therefore, Nce102 might act as a sensor of sphingolipids that regulates plasma membrane function. ..
- Walther T, Brickner J, Aguilar P, Bernales S, Pantoja C, Walter P. Eisosomes mark static sites of endocytosis. Nature. 2006;439:998-1003 pubmed..Greek 'eis', meaning into or portal, and 'soma', meaning body), are composed primarily of two cytoplasmic proteins, Pil1 and Lsp1. A plasma membrane protein, Sur7, localizes to eisosomes...
- Moreira K, Schuck S, Schrul B, Fr hlich F, Moseley J, Walther T, et al. Seg1 controls eisosome assembly and shape. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:405-20 pubmed publisher..Eisosomes are composed of two main cytoplasmic proteins, Pil1 and Lsp1, that form a scaffold around furrow-like plasma membrane invaginations...
- Zhang X, Lester R, Dickson R. Pil1p and Lsp1p negatively regulate the 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase-like kinase Pkh1p and downstream signaling pathways Pkc1p and Ypk1p. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22030-8 pubmed..Homologs of Pil1p and Lsp1p are widespread in nature, and our results suggest that they may be negative regulators of PDK-like protein kinases and their downstream cellular pathways that control cell growth and survival. ..
- Laxman S, Tu B. Multiple TORC1-associated proteins regulate nitrogen starvation-dependent cellular differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26081 pubmed publisher..Our studies also suggest the CEN.PK strain background of S. cerevisiae may be particularly useful for investigations of nitrogen starvation-induced diploid pseudohyphal growth. ..
- Feliciano D, Di Pietro S. SLAC, a complex between Sla1 and Las17, regulates actin polymerization during clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4256-72 pubmed publisher..These results advance our understanding of the regulation of actin polymerization in endocytosis. ..
- Olivera Couto A, Salzman V, Mailhos M, Digman M, Gratton E, Aguilar P. Eisosomes are dynamic plasma membrane domains showing pil1-lsp1 heteroligomer binding equilibrium. Biophys J. 2015;108:1633-1644 pubmed publisher..Saccharomyces cerevisiae, these domains are structured by scaffolds composed mainly by two cytoplasmic proteins Pil1 and Lsp1...
- Grousl T, OpekarovÃ¡ M, Stradalova V, Hasek J, Malinsky J. Evolutionarily conserved 5'-3' exoribonuclease Xrn1 accumulates at plasma membrane-associated eisosomes in post-diauxic yeast. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0122770 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. Eisosomal localization of Xrn1 is not achieved in cells lacking the main component of eisosomes, Pil1, or Sur7, the protein accumulating at the membrane compartment of Can1 (MCC) - the eisosome-organized plasma ..
- Zhou J, Zhong Q, Li G, Greenberg M. Loss of cardiolipin leads to longevity defects that are alleviated by alterations in stress response signaling. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18106-14 pubmed publisher..These findings show for the first time that perturbation of CL synthesis leads to decreased longevity in yeast, which is restored by altering signaling through stress response pathways. ..
- Brandina I, Smirnov A, Kolesnikova O, Entelis N, Krasheninnikov I, Martin R, et al. tRNA import into yeast mitochondria is regulated by the ubiquitin-proteasome system. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4248-54 pubmed..This result suggests a functional link between UPS and tRNA mitochondrial import in yeast and indicates on the existence of negative and positive import regulators. ..
- Basmaji F, Martin Yken H, Durand F, Dagkessamanskaia A, Pichereaux C, Rossignol M, et al. The 'interactome' of the Knr4/Smi1, a protein implicated in coordinating cell wall synthesis with bud emergence in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:217-30 pubmed..A first group consisted of Slt2 and Pil1, two proteins dedicated to cell wall maintenance and biogenesis...