Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PHB1
Description: prohibitin subunit PHB1
Alias: prohibitin subunit PHB1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Osman C, Wilmes C, Tatsuta T, Langer T. Prohibitins interact genetically with Atp23, a novel processing peptidase and chaperone for the F1Fo-ATP synthase. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:627-35 pubmed..Our results therefore characterize not only a novel processing peptidase with chaperone activity in the mitochondrial intermembrane space but also link the function of prohibitins to the F(1)F(O)-ATP synthase complex. ..
- Wang X, Zuo X, Kucejova B, Chen X. Reduced cytosolic protein synthesis suppresses mitochondrial degeneration. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1090-7 pubmed..Our finding thus establishes a link between protein homeostasis (proteostasis), cellular bioenergetics and mitochondrial maintenance during ageing. ..
- Berger K, Yaffe M. Prohibitin family members interact genetically with mitochondrial inheritance components in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4043-52 pubmed..In otherwise wild-type genetic backgrounds, null mutations in PHB1 and PHB2 did not confer any obvious phenotypes...
- Phan V, Ding V, Li F, Chalkley R, Burlingame A, McCormick F. The RasGAP proteins Ira2 and neurofibromin are negatively regulated by Gpb1 in yeast and ETEA in humans. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2264-79 pubmed publisher..These findings provide evidence for conserved ubiquitination pathways regulating the RasGAP proteins Ira2 (in yeast) and neurofibromin (in humans). ..
- Kornmann B, Currie E, Collins S, Schuldiner M, Nunnari J, Weissman J, et al. An ER-mitochondria tethering complex revealed by a synthetic biology screen. Science. 2009;325:477-81 pubmed publisher..The tethering complex localized to discrete foci, suggesting that discrete sites of close apposition between ER and mitochondria facilitate interorganelle calcium and phospholipid exchange. ..
- Kirchman P, Miceli M, West R, Jiang J, Kim S, Jazwinski S. Prohibitins and Ras2 protein cooperate in the maintenance of mitochondrial function during yeast aging. Acta Biochim Pol. 2003;50:1039-56 pubmed..This deleterious effect was suppressed by the deletion of the RAS2 gene. The expression of PHB1 and PHB2 declined gradually up to 5-fold during the life span...
- Coates P, Jamieson D, Smart K, Prescott A, Hall P. The prohibitin family of mitochondrial proteins regulate replicative lifespan. Curr Biol. 1997;7:607-10 pubmed..Another gene postulated to effect senescence is PHB1, the yeast homologue of prohibitin , a rodent gene initially identified as a potential regulator of growth ..
- Piper P, Jones G, Bringloe D, Harris N, MacLean M, Mollapour M. The shortened replicative life span of prohibitin mutants of yeast appears to be due to defective mitochondrial segregation in old mother cells. Aging Cell. 2002;1:149-57 pubmed..The prohibitins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Phb1 and Phb2, have strong sequence similarity with their human counterparts prohibitin and BAP37, making yeast a good ..