Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PFK2
Description: 6-phosphofructokinase subunit beta
Alias: 6-phosphofructokinase subunit beta
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Su Y, Blake Palmer K, Sorrell S, Javid B, Bowers K, Zhou A, et al. Human H+ATPase a4 subunit mutations causing renal tubular acidosis reveal a role for interaction with phosphofructokinase-1. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F950-8 pubmed publisher..Thus in the context of dRTA, stability and function of the metabolon composed of H+ATPase and glycolytic components can be compromised by either loss of required PFK-1 binding (G820R) or loss of pump protein (R807Q). ..
- Scherrer T, Mittal N, Janga S, Gerber A. A screen for RNA-binding proteins in yeast indicates dual functions for many enzymes. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15499 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that many proteins may associate with mRNAs and possibly control their fates, providing dense connections between different layers of cellular regulation. ..
- Chan C, Dominguez D, Parra K. Regulation of Vacuolar H+-ATPase (V-ATPase) Reassembly by Glycolysis Flow in 6-Phosphofructo-1-kinase (PFK-1)-deficient Yeast Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:15820-9 pubmed publisher..Chem. 289, 19448-19457). This study capitalized on the mechanisms suppressing vacuolar H(+)-ATPase (V-ATPase) in pfk2? to gain new knowledge of the mechanisms underlying glucose-dependent V-ATPase regulation...
- Banaszak K, Mechin I, Obmolova G, Oldham M, Chang S, Ruiz T, et al. The crystal structures of eukaryotic phosphofructokinases from baker's yeast and rabbit skeletal muscle. J Mol Biol. 2011;407:284-97 pubmed publisher..Crystallographic results have been used as the basis for structure-based effector design. ..
- Huang D, Wilson W, Roach P. Glucose-6-P control of glycogen synthase phosphorylation in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:22495-501 pubmed..From a genetic screen, we have found that mutation of the PFK2 gene, which encodes the beta-subunit of 6-phosphofructo-1-kinase, restores glycogen accumulation in snf1 cells...
- Boles E, Heinisch J, Zimmermann F. Different signals control the activation of glycolysis in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1993;9:761-70 pubmed..On the other hand, induction of pyruvate decarboxylase depends mainly on a signal in the lower part of glycolysis. ..
- Hofmann E, Eschrich K, Schellenberger W. Temporal organization of the phosphofructokinase/fructose-1,6-biphosphatase cycle. Adv Enzyme Regul. 1985;23:331-62 pubmed..Generally, the glycolytic mode is favored by this effector because of its stimulatory action on the phosphofructokinase activity. ..