Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX4
Description: E2 ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 4
Alias: PAS2, UBC10, E2 ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Halbach A, Rucktäschel R, Rottensteiner H, Erdmann R. The N-domain of Pex22p can functionally replace the Pex3p N-domain in targeting and peroxisome formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3906-16 pubmed publisher..The C-terminal domain of Pex3p thus contains the relevant information required for de novo peroxisome formation, thereby challenging the concept of the N terminus of Pex3p being key in that process. ..
- Williams C, van den Berg M, Geers E, Distel B. Pex10p functions as an E3 ligase for the Ubc4p-dependent ubiquitination of Pex5p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;374:620-4 pubmed publisher..These data imply that the two distinct Pex5p modifications require different E(3) ligases, as well as different E(2) enzymes. ..
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Johnson E, Blobel G. Ubc9p is the conjugating enzyme for the ubiquitin-like protein Smt3p. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:26799-802 pubmed..cerevisiae. These results suggest that, like ubiquitination, Smt3p conjugation may be a critical modification in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Hochstrasser M. Ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation. Annu Rev Genet. 1996;30:405-39 pubmed..This diversity underlies both the high substrate specificity of the ubiquitin system and the variety of regulatory mechanisms that it serves. ..
- El Magraoui F, SchrÃ¶tter A, Brinkmeier R, Kunst L, Mastalski T, MÃ¼ller T, et al. The cytosolic domain of Pex22p stimulates the Pex4p-dependent ubiquitination of the PTS1-receptor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e105894 pubmed publisher..However, this Pex3(N)-Pex4p chimera can only complement the double-deletion strain pex4Î”/pex22Î” and ensure optimal Pex5p-ubiquitination when the C-terminal part of Pex22p is additionally ..
- Hiraishi H, Mochizuki M, Takagi H. Enhancement of stress tolerance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by overexpression of ubiquitin ligase Rsp5 and ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006;70:2762-5 pubmed..Co-overexpression of Rsp5 and Ubc1, Ubc2, Ubc3, Ubc5, Ubc6, Ubc9, Ubc10, Ubc11, Ubc12, or Ubc13 further enhanced stress tolerance...
- Wróblewska J, Cruz Zaragoza L, Yuan W, Schummer A, Chuartzman S, de Boer R, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells lacking Pex3 contain membrane vesicles that harbor a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1656-1667 pubmed publisher..revealed that also the PTS2 receptor Pex7, the importomer organizing peroxin Pex8, the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4 with its recruiting PMP Pex22, as well as Pex15 and Pex25 co-localize with Pex14...