Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX3
Alias: PAS3, Pex3p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Weir N, Kamber R, Martenson J, Denic V. The AAA protein Msp1 mediates clearance of excess tail-anchored proteins from the peroxisomal membrane. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Lastly, we show that Pex15 interacts with the peroxisomal membrane protein Pex3, which shields Pex15 from Msp1-dependent turnover...
- Knoblach B, Sun X, Coquelle N, Fagarasanu A, Poirier R, Rachubinski R. An ER-peroxisome tether exerts peroxisome population control in yeast. EMBO J. 2013;32:2439-53 pubmed publisher..The tether consists of the peroxisome biogenic protein, Pex3p, and the peroxisome inheritance factor, Inp1p...
- Lefevre S, Van Roermund C, Wanders R, Veenhuis M, van der Klei I. The significance of peroxisome function in chronological aging of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Aging Cell. 2013;12:784-93 pubmed publisher..We analyzed four different peroxisome-deficient (pex) phenotypes. These included ?pex3 cells that lack peroxisomal membranes and in which all peroxisomal proteins are mislocalized together with ?pex6 in ..
- Motley A, Nuttall J, Hettema E. Pex3-anchored Atg36 tags peroxisomes for degradation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2012;31:2852-68 pubmed publisher..b>Pex3 is central to the formation of peroxisomes and their segregation because it recruits factors specific for these ..
- Lam S, Yoda N, Schekman R. A vesicle carrier that mediates peroxisome protein traffic from the endoplasmic reticulum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:21523-8 pubmed publisherPex19p, a soluble cytoplasmic transport protein, is required for the traffic of the peroxisomal membrane proteins Pex3p and Pex15p from the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to the peroxisome...
- Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Sidorovitch V, Halbach A, Pechlivanis M, Volkmer R, et al. Farnesylation of pex19p is required for its structural integrity and function in peroxisome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20885-96 pubmed publisher..in vivo and that this modification is independent of peroxisome induction or the Pex19p membrane anchor Pex3p. Furthermore, genomic mutations of PEX19 prove that farnesylation is essential for proper matrix protein import ..
- Halbach A, Rucktäschel R, Rottensteiner H, Erdmann R. The N-domain of Pex22p can functionally replace the Pex3p N-domain in targeting and peroxisome formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3906-16 pubmed publisherb>Pex3p is a central component of the import machinery for peroxisomal membrane proteins (PMPs) that can reach peroxisomes via the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and even trigger de novo peroxisome formation from the ER...
- Kerssen D, Hambruch E, Klaas W, Platta H, de Kruijff B, Erdmann R, et al. Membrane association of the cycling peroxisome import receptor Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27003-15 pubmed..Altogether, these data strongly suggest that a translocation-competent state of the PTS1 receptor enters the membrane via protein-lipid interactions before it tightly associates with other peroxins. ..
- van der Zand A, Braakman I, Tabak H. Peroxisomal membrane proteins insert into the endoplasmic reticulum. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2057-65 pubmed publisher..PMPs leave the ER in a Pex3p-Pex19p-dependent manner to end up in metabolically active peroxisomes...
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated ..
- Wang S, Horn P, Liou L, Muggeridge M, Zhang Z, Chapman K, et al. A peroxisome biogenesis deficiency prevents the binding of alpha-synuclein to lipid droplets in lipid-loaded yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;438:452-6 pubmed publisher..in lipid-loaded, wild-type yeast cells but not to lipid droplets in lipid-loaded, peroxisome-deficient cells (pex3?)...
- Wróblewska J, Cruz Zaragoza L, Yuan W, Schummer A, Chuartzman S, de Boer R, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells lacking Pex3 contain membrane vesicles that harbor a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1656-1667 pubmed publisherb>Pex3 has been proposed to be important for the exit of peroxisomal membrane proteins (PMPs) from the ER, based on the observation that PMPs accumulate at the ER in Saccharomyces cerevisiae pex3 mutant cells...
- Gotte K, Girzalsky W, Linkert M, Baumgart E, Kammerer S, Kunau W, et al. Pex19p, a farnesylated protein essential for peroxisome biogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:616-28 pubmed..Farnesylation of Pex19p was shown to be essential for the proper function of the protein in peroxisome biogenesis. Pex19p was shown to interact with Pex3p in vivo, and this interaction required farnesylation of Pex19p.