Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pex19p
Alias: PAS12, Pex19p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Pathak K, Sasvari Z, Nagy P. The host Pex19p plays a role in peroxisomal localization of tombusvirus replication proteins. Virology. 2008;379:294-305 pubmed publisher..This work has led to the demonstration of Pex19p-p33 interaction via pull-down and co-purification experiments...
- Vastiau I, Anthonio E, Brams M, Brees C, Young S, Van de Velde S, et al. Farnesylation of Pex19p is not essential for peroxisome biogenesis in yeast and mammalian cells. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:1686-99 pubmedb>Pex19p exhibits a broad binding specificity for peroxisomal membrane proteins (PMPs), and is essential for the formation of functional peroxisomal membranes. Pex19p orthologues contain a C-terminal CAAX motif common to prenylated proteins...
- Halbach A, Rucktäschel R, Rottensteiner H, Erdmann R. The N-domain of Pex22p can functionally replace the Pex3p N-domain in targeting and peroxisome formation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3906-16 pubmed publisher..b>Pex19p is the import receptor for type I PMPs, whereas targeting of type II PMPs, of which Pex3p so far represents the ..
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Nyathi Y, Zhang X, Baldwin J, Bernhardt K, Johnson B, Baldwin S, et al. Pseudo half-molecules of the ABC transporter, COMATOSE, bind Pex19 and target to peroxisomes independently but are both required for activity. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2280-6 pubmed publisher..When co-expressed, the pseudo-halves were fully functional as indicated by ATPase activity and rescue of the pxa1pxa2? mutant for growth on oleate. The functional significance of heterodimer asymmetry is discussed...
- Gotte K, Girzalsky W, Linkert M, Baumgart E, Kammerer S, Kunau W, et al. Pex19p, a farnesylated protein essential for peroxisome biogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:616-28 pubmedWe report the identification and molecular characterization of Pex19p, an oleic acid-inducible, farnesylated protein of 39.7 kDa that is essential for peroxisome biogenesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Vizeacoumar F, Vreden W, Aitchison J, Rachubinski R. Pex19p binds Pex30p and Pex32p at regions required for their peroxisomal localization but separate from their peroxisomal targeting signals. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14805-12 pubmed..The peroxin Pex19p has been proposed to be either the receptor that recognizes and targets newly synthesized peroxisomal membrane ..
- Vizeacoumar F, Vreden W, Fagarasanu M, Eitzen G, Aitchison J, Rachubinski R. The dynamin-like protein Vps1p of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae associates with peroxisomes in a Pex19p-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12817-23 pubmed..What relationship Vps1p has with peroxisomes remains unclear. Here we show that Vps1p interacts with Pex19p, a peroxin that acts as a shuttling receptor for peroxisomal membrane proteins or as a chaperone assisting the ..
- Otzen M, Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Emmrich K, Krikken A, Erdmann R, et al. Pex19p contributes to peroxisome inheritance in the association of peroxisomes to Myo2p. Traffic. 2012;13:947-59 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Pex19p, a peroxin implicated in targeting and complex formation of peroxisomal membrane proteins, also plays a role in ..
- Motley A, Nuttall J, Hettema E. Pex3-anchored Atg36 tags peroxisomes for degradation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2012;31:2852-68 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pex3 recruits the pexophagy receptor Atg36. This reinforces the pivotal role played by Pex3 in coordinating the size of the peroxisome pool, and establishes its role in pexophagy in S. cerevisiae...