Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX17
Alias: PAS9, Pex17p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Wróblewska J, Cruz Zaragoza L, Yuan W, Schummer A, Chuartzman S, de Boer R, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells lacking Pex3 contain membrane vesicles that harbor a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1656-1667 pubmed publisher..At the vesicles, Pex14 assembles with other peroxins (Pex13, Pex17, and Pex5) to form a complex with a composition similar to the PTS1 import pore in wild-type cells...
- Chan A, Schummer A, Fischer S, Schröter T, Cruz Zaragoza L, Bender J, et al. Pex17p-dependent assembly of Pex14p/Dyn2p-subcomplexes of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:585-597 pubmed publisher..The docking-complex is composed of Pex13p, Pex14p and in yeast also Pex17p, whose function is still elusive...
- Grimm I, Saffian D, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Nucleotide-dependent assembly of the peroxisomal receptor export complex. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19838 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that receptor release in peroxisomal protein import is associated with a nucleotide-depending Pex1/6p-cycle of Pex15p-binding and release. ..
- Agne B, Meindl N, Niederhoff K, Einwächter H, Rehling P, Sickmann A, et al. Pex8p: an intraperoxisomal organizer of the peroxisomal import machinery. Mol Cell. 2003;11:635-46 pubmed..and defined two core complexes of the peroxisomal import machinery: the docking complex comprising Pex14p and Pex17p, with the loosely associated Pex13p, and the RING finger complex containing Pex2p, Pex10p, and Pex12p...
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Kerssen D, Hambruch E, Klaas W, Platta H, de Kruijff B, Erdmann R, et al. Membrane association of the cycling peroxisome import receptor Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27003-15 pubmed..Altogether, these data strongly suggest that a translocation-competent state of the PTS1 receptor enters the membrane via protein-lipid interactions before it tightly associates with other peroxins. ..