Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pex15p
Alias: PAS21, Pex15p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gardner B, Chowdhury S, Lander G, Martin A. The Pex1/Pex6 complex is a heterohexameric AAA+ motor with alternating and highly coordinated subunits. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:1375-88 pubmed publisher..ATP hydrolysis by Pex1 is highly coordinated with that of Pex6. Furthermore, Pex15, the membrane anchor required for Pex1/Pex6 recruitment to peroxisomes, inhibits the ATP-hydrolysis activity of Pex1/Pex6. ..
- Buentzel J, Vilardi F, Lotz Havla A, GÃ¤rtner J, Thoms S. Conserved targeting information in mammalian and fungal peroxisomal tail-anchored proteins. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17420 pubmed publisher..These data show that conserved targeting information is employed in yeast and higher eukaryotes during the biogenesis of peroxisomal tail-anchored proteins. ..
- Schuldiner M, Metz J, Schmid V, Denic V, Rakwalska M, Schmitt H, et al. The GET complex mediates insertion of tail-anchored proteins into the ER membrane. Cell. 2008;134:634-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, the GET complex represents a critical mechanism for ensuring efficient and accurate targeting of TA proteins. ..
- Nuttall J, Motley A, Hettema E. Deficiency of the exportomer components Pex1, Pex6, and Pex15 causes enhanced pexophagy in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Autophagy. 2014;10:835-45 pubmed publisher..We find Atg36 is modified in pex1? cells even when Atg11 binding is prevented, suggesting Atg36 modification is an early event in the degradation of dysfunctional peroxisomal structures in pex1? cells via pexophagy...
- Grimm I, Saffian D, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Nucleotide-dependent assembly of the peroxisomal receptor export complex. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19838 pubmed publisher..In this study, we analyzed the recruitment of the AAA-complex to its anchor protein Pex15p at the peroxisomal membrane...
- Gardner B, Castanzo D, Chowdhury S, Stjepanovic G, Stefely M, Hurley J, et al. The peroxisomal AAA-ATPase Pex1/Pex6 unfolds substrates by processive threading. Nat Commun. 2018;9:135 pubmed publisher..Our results thus support a role of Pex1/Pex6 in mechanical unfolding of peroxins or their extraction from the peroxisomal membrane during matrix-protein import. ..