Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX12
Description: ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 12
Alias: PAS11, ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 12
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Sidorovitch V, Halbach A, Pechlivanis M, Volkmer R, et al. Farnesylation of pex19p is required for its structural integrity and function in peroxisome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20885-96 pubmed publisher..Thus, isoprenylation of Pex19p contributes to substrate membrane protein recognition for the topogenesis of PMPs, and our results highlight the importance of lipid modifications in protein-protein interactions. ..
- van der Zand A, Gent J, Braakman I, Tabak H. Biochemically distinct vesicles from the endoplasmic reticulum fuse to form peroxisomes. Cell. 2012;149:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a remarkable mechanism to maintain biochemical identity of organelles by transporting crucial components via different routes to their final destination. ..
- Chan A, Schummer A, Fischer S, Schröter T, Cruz Zaragoza L, Bender J, et al. Pex17p-dependent assembly of Pex14p/Dyn2p-subcomplexes of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:585-597 pubmed publisher..As dyn2? cells also display reduced peroxisomal function, our data indicate that Dyn2p-dependent formation of the high molecular weight Pex14p-complex is required to maintain peroxisomal function on wild-type level. ..
- Albertini M, Girzalsky W, Veenhuis M, Kunau W. Pex12p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a component of a multi-protein complex essential for peroxisomal matrix protein import. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:257-70 pubmedWe have isolated the Saccharomyces cerevisiae pex12-1 mutant from a screen to identify mutants defective in peroxisome biogenesis...
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Agne B, Meindl N, Niederhoff K, Einwächter H, Rehling P, Sickmann A, et al. Pex8p: an intraperoxisomal organizer of the peroxisomal import machinery. Mol Cell. 2003;11:635-46 pubmed..We conclude that Pex8p organizes the formation of the larger import complex from the trans side of the peroxisomal membrane and thus might enable functional communication between both sides of the membrane. ..