Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX11
Alias: PMP24, PMP27, Pex11p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Marelli M, Smith J, Jung S, Yi E, Nesvizhskii A, Christmas R, et al. Quantitative mass spectrometry reveals a role for the GTPase Rho1p in actin organization on the peroxisome membrane. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:1099-112 pubmed..Rho1p regulates the assembly state of actin on the peroxisome membrane, thereby controlling peroxisome membrane dynamics and biogenesis. ..
- Platta H, Grunau S, Rosenkranz K, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Functional role of the AAA peroxins in dislocation of the cycling PTS1 receptor back to the cytosol. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:817-22 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that the AAA peroxins mediate the ATP-dependent dislocation of the peroxisomal targeting signal-1 (PTS1) receptor from the peroxisomal membrane to the cytosol. ..
- Vizeacoumar F, Vreden W, Fagarasanu M, Eitzen G, Aitchison J, Rachubinski R. The dynamin-like protein Vps1p of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae associates with peroxisomes in a Pex19p-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:12817-23 pubmed..Our results are consistent with Pex19p acting as a chaperone to stabilize the association of Vps1p with peroxisomes and not as a receptor involved in targeting Vps1p to peroxisomes. ..
- van der Zand A, Gent J, Braakman I, Tabak H. Biochemically distinct vesicles from the endoplasmic reticulum fuse to form peroxisomes. Cell. 2012;149:397-409 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a remarkable mechanism to maintain biochemical identity of organelles by transporting crucial components via different routes to their final destination. ..
- Joshi S, Agrawal G, Subramani S. Phosphorylation-dependent Pex11p and Fis1p interaction regulates peroxisome division. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:1307-15 pubmed publisherPeroxisome division is regulated by the conserved peroxin Pex11p. In Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Sc), induction of the phosphoprotein ScPex11p coincides with peroxisome biogenesis...
- Tower R, Fagarasanu A, Aitchison J, Rachubinski R. The peroxin Pex34p functions with the Pex11 family of peroxisomal divisional proteins to regulate the peroxisome population in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1727-38 pubmed publisher..integral membrane protein that acts independently and also in concert with the Pex11 protein family members Pex11p, Pex25p, and Pex27p to control the peroxisome populations of cells under conditions of both peroxisome ..
- Chan A, Schummer A, Fischer S, Schröter T, Cruz Zaragoza L, Bender J, et al. Pex17p-dependent assembly of Pex14p/Dyn2p-subcomplexes of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:585-597 pubmed publisher..As dyn2? cells also display reduced peroxisomal function, our data indicate that Dyn2p-dependent formation of the high molecular weight Pex14p-complex is required to maintain peroxisomal function on wild-type level. ..
- Mindthoff S, Grunau S, Steinfort L, Girzalsky W, Hiltunen J, Erdmann R, et al. Peroxisomal Pex11 is a pore-forming protein homologous to TRPM channels. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1863:271-83 pubmed publisher..The Pex11 family of homologous proteins is responsible for division and proliferation of peroxisomes...
- Vizeacoumar F, Vreden W, Aitchison J, Rachubinski R. Pex19p binds Pex30p and Pex32p at regions required for their peroxisomal localization but separate from their peroxisomal targeting signals. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14805-12 pubmed
- Rucktäschel R, Thoms S, Sidorovitch V, Halbach A, Pechlivanis M, Volkmer R, et al. Farnesylation of pex19p is required for its structural integrity and function in peroxisome biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20885-96 pubmed publisher..in Pex19p farnesylation are characterized by a significantly reduced steady-state concentration of prominent PMPs (Pex11p, Ant1p) but also of essential components of the peroxisomal import machinery, especially the RING peroxins, which ..
- Mattiazzi UÅ¡aj M, BrloÅ¾nik M, Kaferle P, Å½itnik M, Wolinski H, Leitner F, et al. Genome-Wide Localization Study of Yeast Pex11 Identifies Peroxisome-Mitochondria Interactions through the ERMES Complex. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:2072-87 pubmed publisherb>Pex11 is a peroxin that regulates the number of peroxisomes in eukaryotic cells. Recently, it was found that a mutation in one of the three mammalian paralogs, PEX11Î², results in a neurological disorder...
- Williams C, Opaliński L, Landgraf C, Costello J, Schrader M, Krikken A, et al. The membrane remodeling protein Pex11p activates the GTPase Dnm1p during peroxisomal fission. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6377-82 pubmed publisherThe initial phase of peroxisomal fission requires the peroxisomal membrane protein Peroxin 11 (Pex11p), which remodels the membrane, resulting in organelle elongation...
- Girzalsky W, Rehling P, Stein K, Kipper J, Blank L, Kunau W, et al. Involvement of Pex13p in Pex14p localization and peroxisomal targeting signal 2-dependent protein import into peroxisomes. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:1151-62 pubmed..We also found Pex13p to be required for peroxisomal association of Pex14p, yet the SH3 domain of Pex13p may not provide the only binding site for Pex14p at the peroxisomal membrane...
- Oeljeklaus S, Reinartz B, Wolf J, Wiese S, Tonillo J, Podwojski K, et al. Identification of core components and transient interactors of the peroxisomal importomer by dual-track stable isotope labeling with amino acids in cell culture analysis. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:2567-80 pubmed publisher..all known Pex14p interaction partners including the core constituents of the importomer as well as Pex5p, Pex11p, Pex15p, and Dyn2p...
- Rottensteiner H, Kramer A, Lorenzen S, Stein K, Landgraf C, Volkmer Engert R, et al. Peroxisomal membrane proteins contain common Pex19p-binding sites that are an integral part of their targeting signals. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3406-17 pubmed..synthetic peptide scans and yeast two-hybrid analyses, we determined and characterized Pex19p-binding sites in Pex11p and Pex13p, two PMPs from Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Motley A, Galvin P, Ekal L, Nuttall J, Hettema E. Reevaluation of the role of Pex1 and dynamin-related proteins in peroxisome membrane biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:1041-56 pubmed publisher..Our data are compatible with the established primary role of the Pex1/Pex6 complex in matrix protein import and show that peroxisomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae multiply mainly by growth and division. ..
- van Roermund C, Tabak H, Van den Berg M, Wanders R, Hettema E. Pex11p plays a primary role in medium-chain fatty acid oxidation, a process that affects peroxisome number and size in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:489-98 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae peroxisomal membrane protein Pex11p has previously been implicated in peroxisome proliferation based on morphological observations of PEX11 mutant cells...