Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PEX10
Description: ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 10
Alias: PAS4, ubiquitin-protein ligase peroxin 10
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kerssen D, Hambruch E, Klaas W, Platta H, de Kruijff B, Erdmann R, et al. Membrane association of the cycling peroxisome import receptor Pex5p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27003-15 pubmed..Altogether, these data strongly suggest that a translocation-competent state of the PTS1 receptor enters the membrane via protein-lipid interactions before it tightly associates with other peroxins. ..
- Zhang W, Durocher D. De novo telomere formation is suppressed by the Mec1-dependent inhibition of Cdc13 accumulation at DNA breaks. Genes Dev. 2010;24:502-15 pubmed publisher..These studies therefore identify a mechanism by which the ATR family of kinases enforces genome integrity, and a process that underscores the contribution of Cdc13 to the fate of DNA ends. ..
- Rosenkranz K, Birschmann I, Grunau S, Girzalsky W, Kunau W, Erdmann R. Functional association of the AAA complex and the peroxisomal importomer. FEBS J. 2006;273:3804-15 pubmed
- Eckert J, Johnsson N. Pex10p links the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Pex4p to the protein import machinery of the peroxisome. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3623-34 pubmed..A yeast strain harboring a deletion of PEX3 enabled us to estimate the influence of the peroxisomal membrane on the formation of a subset of the investigated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Platta H, El Magraoui F, Bäumer B, Schlee D, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Pex2 and pex12 function as protein-ubiquitin ligases in peroxisomal protein import. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5505-16 pubmed publisher..It is demonstrated that each of the three RING peroxins Pex2, Pex10, and Pex12 exhibits ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase activity...
- El Magraoui F, Brinkmeier R, Schrötter A, Girzalsky W, Müller T, Marcus K, et al. Distinct ubiquitination cascades act on the peroxisomal targeting signal type 2 co-receptor Pex18p. Traffic. 2013;14:1290-301 pubmed publisher..Our findings for the PTS2-pathway complement the data on PTS1-receptor ubiquitination and add up to a unified concept of the ubiquitin-based regulation of peroxisomal import. ..
- Khmelinskii A, Blaszczak E, Pantazopoulou M, Fischer B, Omnus D, Le Dez G, et al. Protein quality control at the inner nuclear membrane. Nature. 2014;516:410-3 pubmed publisher..We show that the Asi ubiquitin ligase is involved in degradation of mislocalized integral membrane proteins, thus acting to maintain and safeguard the identity of the INM. ..
- Kiel J, Emmrich K, Meyer H, Kunau W. Ubiquitination of the peroxisomal targeting signal type 1 receptor, Pex5p, suggests the presence of a quality control mechanism during peroxisomal matrix protein import. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1921-30 pubmed..Our data suggest that during receptor recycling a portion of Pex5p becomes ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome. We propose that this process represents a conserved quality control mechanism in peroxisome biogenesis. ..