Gene Symbol: PEX1
Description: AAA family ATPase peroxin 1
Alias: PAS1, AAA family ATPase peroxin 1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gardner B, Castanzo D, Chowdhury S, Stjepanovic G, Stefely M, Hurley J, et al. The peroxisomal AAA-ATPase Pex1/Pex6 unfolds substrates by processive threading. Nat Commun. 2018;9:135 pubmed publisherb>Pex1 and Pex6 form a heterohexameric motor essential for peroxisome biogenesis and function, and mutations in these AAA-ATPases cause most peroxisome-biogenesis disorders in humans...
- Erdmann R, Wiebel F, Flessau A, Rytka J, Beyer A, Fröhlich K, et al. PAS1, a yeast gene required for peroxisome biogenesis, encodes a member of a novel family of putative ATPases. Cell. 1991;64:499-510 pubmed..cerevisiae. Here we describe the cloning, sequencing, and characterization of the PAS1 gene. Its gene product, Pas1p, has been identified as a rather hydrophilic 117 kd polypeptide...
- Birschmann I, Rosenkranz K, Erdmann R, Kunau W. Structural and functional analysis of the interaction of the AAA-peroxins Pex1p and Pex6p. FEBS J. 2005;272:47-58 pubmed..Furthermore, we could prove that the second AAA-cassettes (D2) of both Pex1p and Pex6p were essential for peroxisomal biogenesis and thus probably comprise the overall activity of the proteins. ..
- Platta H, Grunau S, Rosenkranz K, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Functional role of the AAA peroxins in dislocation of the cycling PTS1 receptor back to the cytosol. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:817-22 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that the AAA peroxins mediate the ATP-dependent dislocation of the peroxisomal targeting signal-1 (PTS1) receptor from the peroxisomal membrane to the cytosol. ..
- Debelyy M, Platta H, Saffian D, Hensel A, Thoms S, Meyer H, et al. Ubp15p, a ubiquitin hydrolase associated with the peroxisomal export machinery. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:28223-34 pubmed publisher..The results merge into a picture in which removal of ubiquitin from the PTS1 receptor Pex5p is a specific event and might represent a vital step in receptor recycling...
- Grimm I, Saffian D, Girzalsky W, Erdmann R. Nucleotide-dependent assembly of the peroxisomal receptor export complex. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19838 pubmed publisher..We reconstituted binding of the Pex1/6p-complex to Pex15p in vitro and show that Pex6p mediates binding to the cytosolic part of Pex15p via a direct ..